Does changing ideas frustrate a tattooer?

I am getting a tattoo done in the Philly convention on Feb. 13. I originally asked for one design and changed my mind for something completely different. Now I am getting obsessed with Panther Rose morphs and am thinking of changing again after seeing one he did on his FB page. I don't want to tick off the artist but I really don't know if he even drew anything yet for my second idea. What do you guys think? Am I being an a-hole by changing my mind so much?

I am getting a tattoo done in the Philly convention on Feb. 13. I originally asked for one design and changed my mind for something completely different. Now I am getting obsessed with Panther Rose morphs and am thinking of changing again after seeing one he did on his FB page. I don't want to tick off the artist but I really don't know if he even drew anything yet for my second idea. What do you guys think? Am I being an a-hole by changing my mind so much?

i think your concerns are valid - i'm the same way - i would worry about something like this too - but to your point - i doubt the artist even drew up anything yet - anyway - its going on you - like forever - so it might as well be what you want

i do like the suggestion of getting both though - big time!

Comes down to how you communicate with each other.

I've had old mate draw a custom design in the past, which I've then changed my mind on and gone for something different.

At the end of the day, he knows I'm still having him tattoo me, and his take on it is that he had a new custom drawing. Win/ win.

Communicate politely and leave a generous tip, I think. For my last tattoo, I changed my mind at more or less the last possible minute. This was choosing from flash rather than asking for something that would've involved a drawing long in advance, though obviously there's still work involved in copying and enlarging the image, etc. In retrospect I could've gone with either design and gotten an awesome tattoo and really didn't need to stress about it. People on here say "don't overthink it" often, and this is so true.

I'd say @Iwar and @polliwog are on point.

Agreed. If the rose morph is your absolute final decision, your artist probably won't mind the change as long as you're polite. Especially if you say you're still willing to follow through with the initial plan if need be.

If you're not 100% sure yet, I would still shoot him an email to share your thoughts. That way he can share any opinions or information he might have and if he hasn't started drawing yet, he'll know to hold off.

Just communicate with as much notice as possible. Since you're getting tattooed at a convention and normal shop facilities are not present, I think the more time to prepare that the artist has the better. Especially because a rose morph is an intricate design which requires careful intention to pull off well. I think whether it's a bother or not depends on how much work they've put into it already abd how much time they have to change the idea. Yeah, communicating is good :cool:

I sent him an email and he replied right back. He said "no worries man. They are super fun to do!" This guy is really nice and a solid clean tattooer. I will be sure to post pics when it is done. I am stoked to say the least.:D

The fact that you've been getting tattooed by Tom Beasley is rad to me. Dude taught PeeWee, Adam Ciferri, and Seth Ciferri a great deal. Very cool.

I like his stuff as well. Are you referring to his morph backpiece he started? Lots of awesome options at the convention this year, sad I won't be there. My buddy will be getting tattooed by Heather Law

I saw the backpiece he is working on and it will be that concept but on my arm. I can't freakin wait!!