Japanese style octopus tattoo

2bacanvas

Yep, @Graeme is right. Who gives a shit what people think. The majority of people have no ability to discern elements of a tattoo design once it is applied to the skin, let alone a japanese piece.

I had someone ask me if I had a dinosaur on my forearm a few weeks ago.

10522209_916766085016120_2112383999_n.jpg

DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A FUCKIN' DINOSAUR TO YOU?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! People are dumb, just ignore them.

If i may ask a question. @2bacanvas, did you get you name from ink master?

I feel like the level of nitpicking is derived from that show almost.

In all honesty, the octopuses face has elements of a skull in it to me, and that's really cool. I like how you thought out of the box and got anemones instead of traditional flowers even though they mimic chrysanthemums in a way.

Japanese is far and away my favorite style and my knowledge of it is considerably shallow compared to people on this board. If you are going to analyze EVERY line in something handcrafted then this isn't for you.

I have a small chess piece on my forearm. It came out like crap (the artist said I made him

Nervous), and every time I go to get it covered or reworked I find a reason not to. Learn to love your art as it ages and becomes more of a piece of You and less of a mark on you (if that makes sense)

If i may ask a question. @2bacanvas, did you get you name from ink master?

I feel like the level of nitpicking is derived from that show almost.

In all honesty, the octopuses face has elements of a skull in it to me, and that's really cool. I like how you thought out of the box and got anemones instead of traditional flowers even though they mimic chrysanthemums in a way.

Japanese is far and away my favorite style and my knowledge of it is considerably shallow compared to people on this board. If you are going to analyze EVERY line in something handcrafted then this isn't for you.

I have a small chess piece on my forearm. It came out like crap (the artist said I made him

Nervous), and every time I go to get it covered or reworked I find a reason not to. Learn to love your art as it ages and becomes more of a piece of You and less of a mark on you (if that makes sense)

No did not get my name from ink master. Lol. I understand not every part of a tattoo has to be perfect (in my eyes) I do like to point out this is not my first tattoo. This same artist did my left arm which is a complete sleeve wrist to shoulder. I am very happy with it and that is why I went back to him. I guess I just didn't expect some extra free hand stuff. And the tentacles didn't go as I imagined it. But I know he gets into a zone and adds stuff. Which I didn't mind on my left arm. But a bit on this piece. Maybe it has to grow on me. I'm a perfectionist in life and at work so maybe I'm uncomfortable when things don't go my way. But I didn't want a photo like octopus as many people have . Japanese style is a awesome style and I love my japanese left arm. My initial response was to see conformation from others regarding my issues and have it fixed asap. But that's in my personality. This tattoo is executed professionally and I would like to appreciate it more over time. I do appreciate the input of you all. It is a great forum to be part of and get some insight in my tattoo. And perhaps adjust my wrong attitude towards what I expect.

Yep, @Graeme is right. Who gives a shit what people think. The majority of people have no ability to discern elements of a tattoo design once it is applied to the skin, let alone a japanese piece.

DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A FUCKIN' DINOSAUR TO YOU?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! People are dumb, just ignore them.

Haha nice. I once got, "Is that a genie coming out of your ass?"

10522209_916766085016120_2112383999_n.jpg

I know, Jesus Christ, anyone can see that is a horse head.

This is definitely a topic for the thread "what plainskins say". I have tons of stories about my sleeve tattoo. It's a koi and goldfish mix. I've had people ask me how many ponds I have, if I have a japanese background ( I'm a redhead with a full red beard, looking real japanese) and even some ask if I own a fish store. No but I do own 4 fish tanks at home I guess.

I'm having a African cichlid tank, a small 10 gallon fresh water, a big goldfish tank and a 125 gallon salt water reef setup. I used to keep oscars and Arowanas in a 300 gallon. But they were messy guys. I converted it to a lionfish and eel tank but couldn't keep up with the maintenance. My current 125 salt takes up enough time. The lionfish and eels where awesome tho.

150 is too nice, I've never gone over 100, and I used to build my own nano reefs from the ground up. When my wife and I move I am so getting a ridiculous reef set up.

Never had lion fish but eels were cool. I was all about my warty frog fish, clowns, and anthias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No did not get my name from ink master. Lol. I understand not every part of a tattoo has to be perfect (in my eyes) I do like to point out this is not my first tattoo. This same artist did my left arm which is a complete sleeve wrist to shoulder. I am very happy with it and that is why I went back to him. I guess I just didn't expect some extra free hand stuff. And the tentacles didn't go as I imagined it. But I know he gets into a zone and adds stuff. Which I didn't mind on my left arm. But a bit on this piece. Maybe it has to grow on me. I'm a perfectionist in life and at work so maybe I'm uncomfortable when things don't go my way. But I didn't want a photo like octopus as many people have . Japanese style is a awesome style and I love my japanese left arm. My initial response was to see conformation from others regarding my issues and have it fixed asap. But that's in my personality. This tattoo is executed professionally and I would like to appreciate it more over time. I do appreciate the input of you all. It is a great forum to be part of and get some insight in my tattoo. And perhaps adjust my wrong attitude towards what I expect.

@2bacanvas I apologize if you took any offense to my critique of your tattoo or took it as me shitting all over it. I hope whatever you decide to do, you are pleased with the end result. Good luck with the rest of your sleeve.

i think this tattoo looks awesome. @2bacanvas you need to STOP overanalyzing it immediately. You are going to drive yourself nuts. It's kinda like body dysmorphic syndrome going on right now. You are seeing problems that aren't there. It is an excellent tattoo. Stop getting hung up silly little trivial issues. Imagine what you'd be going through if you actually got a bad tattoo! This one is great! Stop worrying and don't even think about lasering some and having someone else finish it. I've made the mistake of having someone else touch up an another artists work. It ruined what was a very nicely done tattoo. I had to wear that crap for almost 20 years before I finally covered it (with a bad ass panther).

Be happy with the great tattoo that you recieved.

i think this tattoo looks awesome. @2bacanvas you need to STOP overanalyzing it immediately. You are going to drive yourself nuts. It's kinda like body dysmorphic syndrome going on right now. You are seeing problems that aren't there. It is an excellent tattoo. Stop getting hung up silly little trivial issues. Imagine what you'd be going through if you actually got a bad tattoo! This one is great! Stop worrying and don't even think about lasering some and having someone else finish it. I've made the mistake of having someone else touch up an another artists work. It ruined what was a very nicely done tattoo. I had to wear that crap for almost 20 years before I finally covered it (with a bad ass panther).

Be happy with the great tattoo that you recieved.

Yes I won't go to another tattoo artist to touch this tattoo. I'm not even sure any reputable tattoo shop would do that out of respect for a fellow artist. I do think it will take a while for me to get used to this tattoo and accept it. It doesn't help the wife keeps reminding me how much she hates this tattoo and what's wrong with it in her eyes.

It doesn't help the wife keeps reminding me how much she hates this tattoo and what's wrong with it in her eyes.

Ah-HA I think we have root cause here, folks. Maybe you should stop by the thread below if you haven't already. It's your tattoo to be happy or sad about. It's hard to not let our wife's opinion influence ours, but in the end, you're the one with the permanent mark on you. I doubt my wife likes Kongo Yasha's faces, and who can blame her, he's an ugly bastard, but that's what he looks like and she has to deal with his ugly mug along with mine.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/546-relationships-tattoos.html