Japanese style octopus tattoo

2bacanvas

Why leave it alone?

Because your octo-forearm-tapus is barely healed, you're not 100% satisfied and there is 10 pages of internet-design-by-committee, constructive feedback, and indecisiveness in your thread. That is why I'd listen to Marley's good advice to let the thought sit until you have more confidence in the direction you want to take the upper arm to tie the whole thing together.

Go enjoy the summer sunshine, let the octopus heal and pick up where you left off in the fall/winter aka tattoo-season. What's the rush?

I can't wait for you to hate those tattoos as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh stop it. I've got an entire left arm sleeve top to bottom which I love. Yes I wasn't sure about the octopus tattoo but I think that's my prerogative. It happens! Doesn't make me a douche. I do understand the advice to wait with continuing this tattoo. But I won't laser it off so why not continue it. I paid him already for a sketch so il see what happens. Doesn't mean I will get it tattooed next week.

Yes I know. It's just that the artist mentioned it would need something else to go with the shark. Something to add colour to it. I already have peonies on one arm and anemones on the other. So I'm looking for some small things to add to the shark.

Maybe some lampreys attached to the shark? or other parasitic fish? Also, not all sharks are dull in colour. The saw shark is pretty green, and other reef sharks like the tiger shark have nice shades of yellowy-brown. The Mako also has a brilliant blue. A moray eel would also be badass. Just some things to think about haha

in all seriousness - maybe the idea would be to leave this tattoo alone for awhile - put some ink somewhere else

I agree with @marley mission and @bongsau. If you are not 100% happy with the original work the best solution is to always add and extend to the work immediately that you are not happy with. :) Sounds like a classic knee jerk reaction.

As others have said take a few months and live with the art. I think it is quite ok.

Just remember most people live for about 70-90 years. You don't have to decide tomorrow to get it fixed or covered.

Do your own extensive research, work out what you want and make sure it is right for you.

The internet is a vast resource. Use it.

Sites like LST are great for opinions but don't expect users to do the research for you.

It is your tattoo, own it.

I agree with @marley mission and @bongsau. If you are not 100% happy with the original work the best solution is to always add and extend to the work immediately that you are not happy with. :) Sounds like a classic knee jerk reaction.

As others have said take a few months and live with the art. I think it is quite ok.

Just remember most people live for about 70-90 years. You don't have to decide tomorrow to get it fixed or covered.

Do your own extensive research, work out what you want and make sure it is right for you.

The internet is a vast resource. Use it.

Sites like LST are great for opinions but don't expect users to do the research for you.

It is your tattoo, own it.

Yes I get what your saying. I will definitely let the tattoo heal before I extend it. I'm working on a small chest piece and il focus on that for now. I still want a shark on this arm tho. But il do this after the summer because maybe I'm rushing this again. And adding something I like to this tattoo might take away my focus on the tattoo I'm still not 100 percent happy with. It's in my nature to fix or adjust what bothers me ASAP. Great quality to have on the job in construction but maybe not for my tattoos. Thanks for the ideas and advice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...