Japanese style octopus tattoo

2bacanvas

Ah-HA I think we have root cause here, folks. Maybe you should stop by the thread below if you haven't already. It's your tattoo to be happy or sad about. It's hard to not let our wife's opinion influence ours, but in the end, you're the one with the permanent mark on you. I doubt my wife likes Kongo Yasha's faces, and who can blame her, he's an ugly bastard, but that's what he looks like and she has to deal with his ugly mug along with mine.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/546-relationships-tattoos.html

Thanks for the link to the thread. Il look at it.

This part made me laugh pretty hard. ( I doubt my wife likes Kongo Yasha's faces, and who can blame her, he's an ugly bastard, but that's what he looks like and she has to deal with his ugly mug along with mine.)

• 2 weeks later...

don't make it complicated by adding too much.

do you want a shark or a snake? having a bunch of snakes and a shark together is going to scale down the proportion of the shark on the upper arm which will look small and unbalanced against the proportion of the octopus.

$0.02

go for a shark on the top and fill the rest w/ black and grey water and wave background. the background is what is going to tie it all together. less is more.

don't make it complicated by adding too much.

do you want a shark or a snake? having a bunch of snakes and a shark together is going to scale down the proportion of the shark on the upper arm which will look small and unbalanced against the proportion of the octopus.

$0.02

go for a shark on the top and fill the rest w/ black and grey water and wave background. the background is what is going to tie it all together. less is more.

Yes I know. It's just that the artist mentioned it would need something else to go with the shark. Something to add colour to it. I already have peonies on one arm and anemones on the other. So I'm looking for some small things to add to the shark.