Stupidly getting hurt.

RockelMan

I hope I am not the only one who does stupid stuff and gets hurt. Not intentional stuff like you would see on Jackass where you KNOW they will get hurt, I am talking like random everyday stuff.

Here is my story of the day.

I am doing a little construction job for a friend of my mother-inlaw. So I went to Home depot this morning bought all the materials I would need, paid and went to the car to put it all in so I could get to their house and start working. Well to make the drywall fit into the car I needed to cut it in half, length wise so I could keep the 8 foot length of the drywall. So I marked it where I needed to cut it, put the pencil in my mouth because I was going to need to use it again for the next piece. So I scored the drywall, picked up the piece so I could flip it over and snap it in two. As I was in the process of flipping it over did I not hit the pencil that was in my mouth with the board and jam the pencil into my gums snapping off the tip . . . . I am all right and think I got out most of the pencil graphite out, but man was that stupid of me LOL Digging at my gums till I feel the jaw bone is not what I would call fun. I wonder it will be a canker in the morning??

Please tell me I am not the only one that does this kind of crap.

I'm clumsy as shit. no big deal, just makes life interesting.....

my worst story was fracturing my skull and tearing my rotator cusf during a car surfing phase i went through. Effectively it ended that phase.....

Graphite in the gums isn't so bad....

Shit on your finger is way worse!

I'm clumsy as shit. no big deal, just makes life interesting.....

my worst story was fracturing my skull and tearing my rotator cusf during a car surfing phase i went through. Effectively it ended that phase.....

Graphite in the gums isn't so bad....

Shit on your finger is way worse!

car surfing??

Ms Rad - car surfing would be when in the stupidity of youth you get an adrenaline rush by surfing on a moving vehicle. i.e. holding onto the roof while laying on it, the hood of the car, the side (with window down having whole body out of car surfing the door part), the back (like a truck bed, or whatever)...... really it is just forgetting everything about "safety first" while involved in riding in vehicles. Generally, there is alcohol involved.

Ms Rad - car surfing would be when in the stupidity of youth you get an adrenaline rush by surfing on a moving vehicle. i.e. holding onto the roof while laying on it, the hood of the car, the side (with window down having whole body out of car surfing the door part), the back (like a truck bed, or whatever)...... really it is just forgetting everything about "safety first" while involved in riding in vehicles. Generally, there is alcohol involved.

that's probably why i'm not familiar with it. i haven't consumed a drop of the stuff since before legal driving age.

Has no one seen Teen Wolf (Michael J. Fox) or the other various you tube clips of people riding the whip or what-have-yous it is called? Shit was big in Oakland with the hyphy movement and various sideshows that were all over the news.

Has no one seen Teen Wolf (Michael J. Fox) or the other various you tube clips of people riding the whip or what-have-yous it is called? Shit was big in Oakland with the hyphy movement and various sideshows that were all over the news.

yea but i had never heard the term "car surf" before.

I've had a few stupid things happen over the years. I broke/dislocated my finger playing catch in high school. The football jammed my finger so hard it actually broke my knuckle, and popped it out of the socket in one move. My finger is still kind of crooked because of it. My best stupid injury was breaking my foot slipping off a curb. I slipped on a waxed curb, and broke the ball of my foot behind my big toe, into two pieces. The doctors told me they could either put two pins in it to keep it together, or take half of it out and leave the other half, and hope it grows back. They also told me both solutions aren't guaranteed to help the problem, so I left it. No one believes me that I broke my foot that way, since I'm not very clumsy, everyone just assumed I did it skateboarding. Unfortunately, it's a true story, and I get shit about it every once in awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it's been not that long since I started this thread but I have another one for you. Reading the posts over again, I should have taken a picture before I got all cleaned up. Here's the story.

So seeing as I live out in the country I tend to burn all my paper and scrap wood and brush from projects and clean-ups from around the house and newspapers and boxes as everything you buy these days comes with so much cardboard packaging. I had a goodly pile building up, so I figured it was time for a burn. I was happily doing my burning while I was doing some horse chores. (2 birds with one stone type of thing) So anyway, I noticed the fire was dying out, I got a bunch of papers to throw into the burning barrel they went in alright and started to catch fire. I grabbed a second handful of papers to put into the fire and the flames from the first bunch of papers just came crawling out under the papers I was putting in the barrel thus licking my hands and my face as the flames came shooting out the front of the loading door (my burn barrel is an old oil tank with a door cut into the front) The flames were not hot enough to burn me (thank God) but they were enough to singe the hair on my hand and my eyebrows (which used to be bushy now look like they have been trimmed with a set of clippers) my eyelashes, and the front of my hair and the one side of my head. Oh and I think my nose hairs too because even after my shower, I still smell burnt hair LOL. I wonder what my next post on this thread will be about?