Tattoos & Music

bongsau

I was filing the "this just in" pile of my record collection and found this David Allen Coe outlaw country record I had picked up a while ago, with super-cool tattoos on the album artwork:

10990655_713044485481361_163016917_n.jpg

10986317_794125414002878_1608434830_n.jpg

"To all who hear me let them know that this is the truth. And to those that see me let them tell their children they have witnessed a miracle. And to those that love me let them forgive my shortcomings. And to those that despise me let them spend half the time in Hell that I have. And to those who judge me let them look in the mirror. And for those that want it here is one more tattoo. Take it its yours."

Got me thinking about other album covers and musicians with tattoo art...I know there have been a bunch that influenced me at an early age. Especially that Santana album, blew my mind when I first saw it as kid. post em up!

- - - Updated - - -

Santana - Abraxas

mi1d7_1008864778.640x0.jpg

Rose Tattoo (!!)

1322128182_rosetattoo.jpg

Johnny Winter

Johnny%20Winter_06%20by%20Paul%20Natkin.jpg

DLR being awesome

davetattoo.jpeg

...and my personal fave...Vybz Kartel

vybes_kartel_kingston_story_deluxe_edition_photo_by_ports_bishop-700x700.jpeg

@Mark Bee

It's ok if you like old time country. I'm from Alberta so it gets a pass lol (my punker and reggae friends, we all like good honky tonk stuff). There is a couple rippers on it but mostly slow ballads. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band feel. I like it because the cover is awesome and I really like the little poem on the back. I'm a pretty heavy record collector so even if I don't listen to it, something like this album belongs in my collection. I'd rather listen to Charley Pride though.

@bongsau That Santana album cover is one of my favorites. I would go through my dad's collection back when I was a pre-teen just to get a glimpse of that perfect boob, and then listen to Samba Pa' Ti.

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer : I am a huge "Dead Head", not your typical stinking hippie though (No offense to any hippies :) ) Seeing hundreds of Dead album covers, I always felt that the artwork was tattoo inspired or great reference for awesome tattoos. Here are some of my favorites that I feel would make good tattoos or inspiration for a tattoo. "Seems like the least I could do"