Howdy y'all! :D

TexasBeauty

Well I've never been the best with introductions just a jump in and talk kind of person but here it goes. :D

I'm a 24 y/o who was born and raised in Texas but currently living in upstate New York (totally different than NYC). I've always been a fan of tattoos and the masterpieces that people have had put onto their bodies. I myself have 5 tattoos and currently booked for my 6th tattoo on March 31st. That tattoo will be my showpiece. :) I've got about 10 hours worth of tattoos under my belt which to me is nothing. :p

Just wanted to browse around and ask for peoples experiences in long session tattoos which is what my 6th tattoo will be. I'm so excited for it since it's been about 5 years since my last tattoo.

I'm an open book so if anyone has any questions for me please feel free to ask.

Thanks for reading my little tid-bit about myself and sorry for the random jumping in talking.

My artist will be Brian Brown who is located in Dalton, MA. He is truly an amazing artist that puts masterpieces on the people that works on. I was so lucky to book my appointment to be so soon since he is booked out for months and months. My design that I came up with myself is a tribute to my culture and family. What I had come up with is a dream catcher and for the feathers that drop down two will be eagle feathers (father and brother) and there will be 3 other feathers that are hawk (mother, sister, and myself). I wanted to symbolize in my tattoo that I am the one piece that connects my family since my brother has a different dad and my sister has a different mom. I gave him free reign to change that tattoo as long as it stays within what I'm trying to symbolize and portray. I trust his instincts and know that he will make it one of a kind. It's going to be a thigh piece and I was told it was going to be around a 10 hour session that I want to try and get knocked out in one sitting.

• 1 month later...

Jen I will for sure be posting pictures of when I get my tattoo. Time will officially feel slower since my tattoo is in 3 days.

I posted a few pictures of some of the work he has done in the past.

On another note if anyone who checks this feed out who's sat through a LONG tattoo would mind giving any pointers on what I should bring or what to expect that would be awesome! Thanks in advance! :D

There's a few good threads about preparing for a long session, I think one is called pre/post tattoo rituals (sorry no link, I'm on my phone). Another good read is an article called "nibble and sip" by David Bruehl, a rad tattooer who took knowledge from endurance biking and applied it to sitting through a long session.