Not mt first tattoo but looking to finally add quite a few

13radG

Hey, my name is Brad. I have one tattoo and am ready to add several more. So I wanted to join the forum to ask questions and get advice - also check out existing threads. I am an avid traveler so I plan on getting some travel inspired tattoos very soon. The first question I wanted to ask the forum was about a tattoo I found that I like. I like where it is and how it looks aesthetically. I don't want to steal this tattoo. But if it has any significant meaning I'd like to know. But before I post the picture and ask if anyone knows it's origins, I want to ask if anyone know any websites that are good databases for symbols, logos, designs, etc. Thanks in advance. I am excited to learn more from you all and be apart of this forum. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Just want to add that I am talking about the square tattoo on his shoulder. Thanks again!

Welcome - no idea about the symbolism, but it's pretty cool. If you like that style, take it to a tattoo artist and tell them you'd like something similar and they can make it flow a little more nicely on your body. I'm not crazy about the placement on that one.

The picture is too poor quality to make anything out, but it looks like it could be a sak yant tattoo. If that's the case, and you want one, don't go to a shop and ask for one, do it properly and go to Thailand and get it done. Ask for a design that will protect you from contracting AIDS from shared dirty tattoo needles.

I want to ask if anyone know any websites that are good databases for symbols, logos, designs, etc.

The internet is kind of a shitty place to find tattoo design references. I would recommending buying some tattoo books instead, and then consulting a tattoo artist when you have an idea of what you want.

Check out the "Tattoo Designs, Books and Flash" subform here. Here's a recent thread that might be helpful:

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-designs-books-flash/5944-post-your-book-collection.html

The tattoo on the dude arm is from old Thai cultures monk tattoos. They are believed to be magical and sacred! They were done as protections for soldiers from enemies and bad spirits. Try google around with "Sak Yant"

:cool:

Sak Yant Thai Temple Tattoos | Sak Yant Buddhist Temple Tattoos, Sacred Yantra made by Buddhist monks, Brahmin Masters and Ruesi Sages, Kata Khom, Magic Amulets

Thanks guys. Because of you I was able to figure out it was a sak yant tattoo. Pretty cool but I feel like that's something one should get in Thailand or Cambodia. I decided to go another route with my next tattoo. Glad I found this forum. Cheers.