@junior, I'm not sure how many replies it's going to take for you to get it, but tattoos aren't going to last forever and they're not going to look perfect forever. You have to accept that going in. If you don't, as multiple people have said, a tattoo is not for you. Use your "life savings" or $500 that you mentioned in the other thread and spend it on something else.

yeah.. could be a tattoo artwork to hang on my wall, but it wont be the same

- - - Updated - - -

Called something black & grey in a picture of solid black tribal in a thread called blackwork is the best laugh I've had in the last 30 minutes.

dont matter what style the black the tone will gone.. they say

It will. Your replies make it seem like you're hoping someone has a trick, or secret ink that will stay black and last forever. It won't. No amount of asking, re-phrasing, and re-asking will change that. It just won't happen. Ever. Give up on tattoos now. What you're after doesn't exist, no matter how bad you want it to.

I wish I could eat everything I want, never exercise, and not get fat. That won't happen. Asking strangers on the internet how to make that happen, and then not accepting "it won't work" as a correct answer, doesn't make it any more possible.

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2014 at 11:42 AM, DJDeepFried said:

It's a classic. Used to love the S.E. Hinton books. Wonder how they hold up.

Just saw this (two years later). At least when viewing them along with seventh graders who fall in love with them for the first time, I'd say they hold up just like that pair of jeans or a great tattoo. The shine and newness is gone, but you appreciate them in new and different ways.

But also, I'm glad this thread got bumped. Recently I saw a tattoo on instagram of a fully blacked out arm with the tag being something about how it's more than a design, it's a statement or something. I wish I could remember exactly. Almost like there was a movement behind it, and it seemed like something that this artist was really pushing. Anyone care to elaborate for someone who is clearly ignorant on the subject?

• 5 months later...

Blackwork to me is Black on negative space / or negative space on Black images without color/hue or gradient shading.

I  am working on some circular blackwork patterns, challenging but interesting and unlimited in possibilities.

Blackwork 1b.jpg

Edited by Charles.M

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2011 at 5:52 AM, Petri Aspvik said:

Great reply Patrick! About the "borrowing". It's funny. For me it is also about the fact that the designs are so simplistic that I am actually more able to be myself (this is in thinking and in thought) when the design just IS. I don't have to think about the deeper connection (like the Rory and Leo backpieces represent whales tale and that has a meaning. If I remember correctly) because it just enhances my body. It's the same reason I want to get the Ensō circle tattooed on me, because it represents nothing but the moment. Breathing in, breathing out. And here is the kicker. At the same time I sort of CREATE my own deep tribal desing, or what ever you want to call it. I give the tattooing life. As did all the old tribes and such.

Modern Primitives

Interesting that you mentioned the whale tail design. I've heard that same connection before, but it seems to be a topic of debate around these parts.