3 round liner help

tattoos by olivia

Hey everyone. I've been tattooing professionally for 2 years now plus a 1 year apprenticeship. During my apprenticeship the smallest liner the artists used was a 5r. Since then I spread my wings and have been at a few different shops, the first shop was full of scratchers so I left because I wanted to surround my self with good professional artists. Then next shop only had one artist who only specialized in tradition, so all his stuff was lined with a 9r shader. Now I'm in fort McMurray and nobody uses anything smaller than a 5r. I'm really great at script, everyone who walks in chooses me for script because of my portfolio and word of mouth. Today I lined with a 3r for the first time and it did not go well at all, the needle was just so shaky, that's never happened to me with any of the other liners. I feel so down and disappointed in myself today. Please help

Heads up, we don't talk about the technical aspects here. This isn't the place for advice on tattooing, general consensus is that you should find an established artist to ask these kind of things.

On the other hand, post up some work! I don't have much script, but can't argue that some good clean stuff with nice flow can look very nice.

Im not sure about the profile, as i haven't gotten around to that myself. You can start an intro thread and introduce yourself though, and you should be able to attach photos in the post when you do that. Sorry that i can't explain better, but technology kicks my ass.

Thanks for the heads up. That's too bad :(, was hoping someone could help since everyone I work with doesn't use 3r's :(. Oh well I'll just keep practing with them and I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Where can I post pictures? I tried editing my profile but I can't figure out how to do that

@tattoos by olivia,

I am not sure if you can upload pics before you hit your 10 posts... But if you cant try a service like photobucket.com

PM me if you need help.

Good luck o and welcome to LST.