Hi Everyone! I Got My First Tattoo Today.

TheAsian

Nice to meet everyone. I've just stepped foot into the tattoo world. I got my first tattoo yesterday at Vagrant Souls in Brooklyn. Awesome, awesome place.

d91aa0f910.jpg

At the moment, I am using a thin layer of Aquaphor after rinsing with soap. I'm assuming I should switch to lotion after a few days?

Also I realize this might not have been the best place for a first tattoo but it was a spur of the moment type thing, lol. YOLO

Also, those are chinese characters which translates to "Love Parents"

Anyway, nice to meet everyone!

That was pretty reckless. I can respect that.

I'm Asian too and around the same age. Unless you're one of those Asians that look like they're 20 when they're actually 35. Also from New York.

dude how did your parents react?

Haha.. man, the thought of getting a tattoo popped into my head and I literally went to do it right after. I'm sort of a see things through type of person. And no, I'm 18 haha.

My parents? Well, my parents got divorced so I only had to face the wraith of my mom. She was kind of accepting which was kind of weird since she had told me in the past to never get a tattoo.

I am also new to the forums. That's cool that you went for a placement like that for your first tattoo. Hopefully going to get my first in a few months.

Yeah thanks man. Good luck on yours!

Welcome bud!

It's pretty tame for a neck tattoo, so your future is still bright as long as you work hard.

Now you've popped the tattoo cherry, go get some body work haha

Just don't get a grenade on your hand as the next tattoo otherwise I will flame you

I actually wana get something done on the opposite side of that tattoo next ( other side of neck ).

Thanks though!

@TheAsian,

Been so young a neck tattoo was definitely a bold move. Here in Houston, Police officers must hide their tattoos and to my understanding neck tattoos are not allowed period. I could be wrong but this is what I got from my neighbor who is HPD Investigator. This type of tattoos I called "Life changing decisions" :D and I am not there yet.... I do applause you to take such bold move.

At any rate, Its cool and for sure different for your first tattoo! don't listen to me nor others, You do what you like and what makes you happy... :)

@TheAsian,

Been so young a neck tattoo was definitely a bold move. Here in Houston, Police officers must hide their tattoos and to my understanding neck tattoos are not allowed period. I could be wrong but this is what I got from my neighbor who is HPD Investigator. This type of tattoos I called "Life changing decisions" :D and I am not there yet.... I do applause you to take such bold move.

At any rate, Its cool and for sure different for your first tattoo! don't listen to me nor others, You do what you like and what makes you happy... :)

Not sure whether to be thankful or worried from what you just said LOL

Very gutsy, I respect it. Like others said though, it might hurt a little in the future.

Related question- I thought most shops don't tattoo hands/neck/face on people who aren't decently covered?

Thanks man, I'll make it work.

And yeah, that's what I thought too.