New to tattoos

eprob

I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for about 15 years. As I was approaching my 50th birthday I got my first small tattoo on my chest. And I mean small. I got my second tattoo on my right forearm about two months later. This one is based on the Fibonacci sequence. Since then I have gotten a larger tattoo on the other side of my chest that goes up my shoulder and continues a little down my arm. Last week I got my fourth on my calf. ( yes, a whole different healing process)

Each of these tattoos holds a very personal story for me along with a little bit of "just because." I don't know why I waited so long to get my first. Maybe it was because of the big 5-0. Maybe it was just because. I do know that I am looking forward to continuing this journey.

-Rob

post-53526-146168878095_thumb.jpgthis is the tattoo that I want to continue. I'd like to begin with extending down my arm from the compass then add some to my chest. I'd like to have a little more poking out when my shirt collar is unbuttoned.

-Rob

Don't worry about age. I started last year at 61. Not planning on much more coverage, but have two I like and one I want fixed. Maybe one more on the other shoulder. If short sleeve season ever gets here, my right forearm now has a rather large rope faked out on it. Will be interesting to see the reactions, now that I'm too old to really care.