New to this Site

ziah

Hi! I just joined this site yesterday to recommend a shop to someone, but I also figured that it could be a helpful resource for me as I move forward with getting more tattoos.

Currently I only have two, both on my ribs. One of them is the result of ignorance about how tattoos work and impulsively wanting a tattoo with "meaning," it's some lyrics in script across one side of my chest. The other is a big spray of flowers on the other side of my chest. I have actually just started the process of getting the lyrics covered up, I'm hoping to end up with more flowers. Not for any deep reason, simply because I like the way the flowers look and because the artist I'm going to is really talented and I really want a piece by her.

Not going to post any photos of my ink because it's pretty identifiable stuff and I don't particularly want to be identified. My goal is to get my cover-up done and then start saving up for a big piece on my thigh. I'm not really into tattoos with "deep" meaning (that's what my lyric tattoo was supposed to be and I have pretty much come to hate it), I really just like the aesthetic of big, colorful, well-executed tattoos.

Anyway, that's about it. I like talking about the experience of being tattooed (it's one of my favorite feelings) and to compare healing techniques, etc. Hope to talk to more people around here over time!