Ring finger tattoo retouch advice

Shamdog

Hi everyone, I'm in the Seattle area and got a ring finger tattoo about a month ago. The artist who did it was very experienced but didn't have the best customer service skills. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for his trade and was not demanding about his time or anything like that. However, he did not ask for my "vision" for the piece and he free-handed it. I realize it's a small and simple piece but this doesn't seem right. Anyway, I want to get it retouched by a different artist (of course I will pay) and wondering if anyone has any advice such as adding gray or any artist recommendations. Right now it's black only. Thanks!

Hi everyone, I'm in the Seattle area and got a ring finger tattoo about a month ago. The artist who did it was very experienced but didn't have the best customer service skills. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for his trade and was not demanding about his time or anything like that. However, he did not ask for my "vision" for the piece and he free-handed it. I realize it's a small and simple piece but this doesn't seem right. Anyway, I want to get it retouched by a different artist (of course I will pay) and wondering if anyone has any advice such as adding gray or any artist recommendations. Right now it's black only. Thanks!

Sorry for your bad experience.... Just curious... Why did you even approved of somebody tattooing you without even discussing what you want??????

He had the basic concept; I was just picturing a slightly smaller piece. He did some retouch work on an old tattoo first and it was good work so I thought I could trust his judgement. Also, I'll be honest, he was a slightly intimidating biker guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I can't figure out how to get a pic on here but it's a very basic piece: Roman numerals (no fancy font or anything) in black. It was kind of a long shot asking for advice on here... Probably just have to go to a shop.