US Tattoo Road Trip!

Padji

So, looks like myself and my better half have made the decision to get married and we're strongly looking at doing the deed in Vegas.

The (initial) plan for our honeymoon would be to do a road trip across the States for approx 2 months afterwards.

A rough itinerary would be as follows: Vegas > San Fran > Colorado > Texas > Louisiana > Alabama > Mississippi > Tennessee and the on to NYC/Boston/Chicago for flight home.

Obviously, mind has immediately locked into 'Tattoo Road Trip' mode and I'm thinking of the various artists etc that I could hit up when I'm there.

If we were to take that route, what shops/artists would be along that trail? I follow quite a few but, being from Ireland, remembering where all these guys are based is a struggle!

Off the top of my head, a few guys I would like to stick on 'the list'

Stefan Johnsson - San Francisco

Steve Byrne - Austin

Tony Hundahl - Austin

Chad K - Austin?

Oliver Peck - Dallas

Derek Billingsley - Nashville

AJ Lingerfeld - NC

New York - the list is endless!

Chicago - the guys at Great Lakes

Feel free to bombard me with names/places/suggestions!!

Thanks all,

Paddy

Pretty solid list so far.

San Fran- Blackheart, FTW, Temple, Spider Murphy's, probably forgetting some.

Colorado (Denver)- Lifetime, Dedication

Texas (Austin)-Rock of Ages

Nashville- Mike Fite

Of course, you probably can't get tattooed by everyone, but still, getting a lot of tattoos while traveling can be tricky, just make sure you take care of them so they don't heal like garbage.

Also, I'm really jealous.

Just took a look at Spider Murphy's - Theo Mindell, Paul Dobleman and Stuart Cripwell under the one roof? Ho-lee sheeeit! That could be the start and finish of the tattoo road trip right there! @heathenist, that's a very handy repository - bookmarked. @Hands On, we'll be home at that stage. Likely will be early July to end August we'll be traveling

Just took a look at Spider Murphy's - Theo Mindell, Paul Dobleman and Stuart Cripwell under the one roof? Ho-lee sheeeit! That could be the start and finish of the tattoo road trip right there! @heathenist, that's a very handy repository - bookmarked. @Hands On, we'll be home at that stage. Likely will be early July to end August we'll be traveling

I think Stuart Cripwell is at his own private studio now, not sure if he still works out of Spider Murphy's.

I think Stuart Cripwell is at his own private studio now, not sure if he still works out of Spider Murphy's.

Ah didn't cop that - never heard of Aaron Hodges before seeing him on SM's Instagram page, he's putting out some pretty nice work too. Might drop the shop an email and see if I could get a bit of a tattoo orgy going :o:eek: