hi folks

Rad Kelham

Hi everyone. Just signed up and excited to find this community. I've been collecting for 15 years and have recently started an old school apprenticeship. Hoping to be able to get critiques on my work and discuss healing methods unique to collectors (like why is my new armpit tattoo a nightmare to heal). Cheers!

Damn that palm is hardcore! Did you do that all on one sitting?

I did. Assuming you mean just then palm in one sitting, not all the tattoos I posted ;-). I'll tell you though, that palm was by far the worst tattoo pain of my life. Ribs, feet, ankles, knee ditch, head...all those are a walk in the park compared to the palm. I was supposed to do both palms in the same pattern but no way Jose! I honestly don't know if I'll ever touch it up or do the other palm. It gave me anxiety for a couple of weeks, just reliving the experience in my head. I couldn't even be in the room when my lady got hers done the following day. That's the tattoo that broke me.

I definitely meant just the palm; having heard how horrible it is, I'm very impressed. I would love (one day) to get my palms done, but it does scare the shit out of me.

Make sure you go to someone who specializes in palms. Brody Polinsky, Hooper, etc. Those guys know the secret...deep as fuck, and plunged (i.e. stippled). I say plunged because its more like drilling for oil than stippling. And if you want your fingers done too then you'll have the pleasure of knowing that your tendons are tattooed as well. Just don't do it. Its not worth it. But yeah, do it.