Hello from hot humid Florida!

squishybarb

Hi all! Wanted to introduce myself on here as suggested before I ask for some creative advice. :)

Everyone calls me Barb, and my husband calls me Squish. (Lovingly - I actually like it). I was born and raised in a small town on the east coast of FL. I like the beach but I love the farm, ironic. I am a newlywed (121314 .. woo!), a new homeowner, graduating UCF in December, and I work at a PD. I wanted to be a clinical sexologist.. but didn't want to travel to a college it was offered at since they're few and far between. I have a dry sense of humor and tend to be sarcastic. I think that's more the norm anymore though. I am an old soul.. seriously, it has a walker.. Analytic, hesitant, over-thinker and cautious.... (WTH am I doing with tattoos??)

My husband and I love animals. We have

Jaxe - 4 y/o rescued catahoula/cattle dog/pit mix

Macy - 12 week old chocolate lab

Aurora - 1 year old resued kitty

Petrie - caique

Brandy - eclectus

Tuki - green wing macaw

Reptar & Reptars Girlfriend - gargoyle geckos

We would have a zoo if we could, but will only take in what we can take care of properly. I love animals more than most people, really.

I have 5 tattoos! Collar bone, spine, shoulder, forearm and rib cage. I would get many more but our department only allows us to add tattoos that aren't visible in uniform.

I am excited to be a part of the forum and am basically an open book!

All the best yall!

Squish

Hello, barb! I was raised on the beach as well and as much as I love that humid salty air on a warm balmy night, I'm not a huge fan of the salt water itself. I'd rather be on a river or lake, but I don't know what I'd do without the beach view. (I'm very claustrophobic without seeing that never ending ocean!) Anyways, welcome!