hello im squirrel from australia

squirrel

Hi im from south australia. Ive been tattooing myself for a couple years now. Ive never tattooed anyone else. I dont know if that still classes me as a scratcher? www.pinterest.com/squiblex/my-tattoos/ this is where my pictures of my tattoos are. Please give me critisism for them. Im still to nervous to tattoo anyone else yet because i dont want to do something bad. But i am keen to try soon. Thanks.

Hi im from south australia. Ive been tattooing myself for a couple years now. Ive never tattooed anyone else. I dont know if that still classes me as a scratcher? www.pinterest.com/squiblex/my-tattoos/ this is where my pictures of my tattoos are. Please give me critisism for them. Im still to nervous to tattoo anyone else yet because i dont want to do something bad. But i am keen to try soon. Thanks.

Hey Man. You are going to get torn apart here so I'd run if I were you. But don't give up (on becoming a tattooer)! Go out and find an apprenticeship, and perhaps stop tattooing at home or don't talk about it anywhere near the pros. Lots of great tattooers started this way, however it's universally frowned upon. I started by doing crappy hand poked tattoos on friends, and my legitimate tattooer friends were encouraging rather than discouraging, and it led to good things such as me finding a proper apprenticeship. I've since said goodbye to the home pokes but it's where I started. If people had torn me apart I probably would have quit.

Thats alright i know ill get shredded an called a scratcher. I dont run a dirty kitchen shop. I try to do everything properly ive bèn following multiple tattoo forums gettin the best way to clean an prepare and all my tattoos have healed clean as! I use genuine starbrite ink from tommy supplies i use monster point needles. All one use only! I like my rotaries. Currently using a stigma bizzare for my lining, was using a dragonfly but it feels a bit on the light side. I use a sunskin primus for my shading. Not here to debate the who is an isnt a scratcher. Thats pretty clear. Im here for the art and advice. Thanks

Scratchers gonna scratch. I think a lot of people get butt hurt because they had to go though a lot of crap in their apprenticeship (or pay a lot of dough.) In the end a home artist will never gain the respect of tattooers or get a job at a respectable shop without an apprenticeship. They definitely won't get any real advice or training without one.

@squirrel If you want to become a professional artist, get an apprenticeship. If you plan to keep doing home tattoos at least do a lot of research on blood borne pathogens and how to prevent the transmission of deadly diseases.

Thanks. I only do home tattoos on me. Ive done research on bloodbourne prevention, all the no spray bottles an bag everthing. I have an ultra sonic cleaner for my stuff. Im keen for an apprentiship but dont want to go into one not feeling confident tattooing in general. Im my own worse critic an think i can always do better. I was wanting some critique on wat ive done so far as to weather there was any point furthering my career in tattooing. Most all tattoo parlours here are bikie owned an im not keen to get into that side of it. We dont have to pay money for apprentiships over here either witch is a plus.

Nah no autoclave yet unfortunatly. I use stainless tips but there only for me. Ive never tattooed anyone else yet. An if i do its disposables all the way. All my tubes tips an grips get an over night soaking an scrubbing after every use.

Yea im not rushing anything yet. Just gonna let it happen as it happens. Btw thats a dope knee tattoo as well. An yea from doin my own its not the most pleasant of spots to have done! My only problem is where i kneel the ink wont stay. It looks faded an ive gone over it twice! Im a welder and have kids so not kneeling is not easy!