Hello from NYC

mfairview

Hey folks,

One of my friends wrote an article on Fineline Tattoo in the East Village (oldest tattoo parlor in Manhattan) that resurrected some thoughts of me getting my first tattoo.

I've been wanting to get a vietnamese themed one and looking for ideas. Couldn't find much on google I really like (not much into the Ao Dai, dragons, etc.). Would like it specifically around Saigon (since it no longer exists).. maybe some text.

Also, any recs for artists (bonus points if they're vietnamese and/or specialize in vietnamese tattoo'ing-- knows the alphabet, expressions, etc.) in the NYC area? Will check with Fineline but would prefer someone with viet experience/background.

TIA

mmm.. NYC, I have been there during my Work&Travel student program, working here and there for all the summer, never thought of tattoos back then, but everybody seemed to be crazy about a place called Williamsburg, and called it hippiest place ever, that I definitely had to check out, so my advice is to check for cool artists there