2011 The International London Tattoo Convention

I have seen/heard some amazing tattoos, stories, what-have-yous over the years of this convention but am yet to make it. My sister will be out that way filming a movie for a few months so I am trying to see if the dates line up between that, work, and school so I can maybe attend. Anyone going? I saw some LSTers on the list which is an amazing list of tattooers and tattoo shops. If you are tattooing, how and when can people start making appointments with you?

6th Annual International London Tattoo Convention (2011)

September 23, 24, 25

Welcome to the Tobacco Dock

London will celebrate the 6th edition of the tattoo convention this year. This year the organizers have gone all the way to change to convention even further. Opening up areas, rooms and attractions to offer more to meet the most demanding needs of all the tattoo fans who look forward to this yearly appointment, which has become one of the main events in the European tattoo circuit. The numbers speak clearly: 20,000+ visitors for the 2008 and 2009 convention with increasing media interest, this is what makes London the number one event in the world.

The London Tattoo Convention was covered by newspapers and TV news programs as one of the most important events of the entire cultural season in London. In the first three editions, the enormous flow of visitors forced the organizers to reconsider the spaces and the first new element of 2007 edition was the new location, the event has continued to go from strength to strength. After three years at the Old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane, the convention was moved to Tobacco Dock, a beautiful Victorian building totally renovated, located in the heart of London, a few minutes from the Tower Bridge. It was built in 1812 as a deposit and market for the tobacco coming from India. The building underwent renovation starting from 1990 and has now become one of the main centers for events. It was in fact nicknamed Covent Garden of the East End.

London Tattoo Convention Website and Info

• 4 months later...

I've bought tickets for the Saturday. Last years convention was a bit special on a personal level. I got a girls name tattooed on me for the first time. My wifes name a heart and swallow tattooed by Emiliano Liberatori. I know it's supposed to be the kiss of death but after 36 years I thought fuck it.

It was quite a fleeting visit for me last year but as it was on the first day. But from what I saw it looked pretty amazing. I am going back there this year with the missus. We are both getting tattooed in the week running up by a couple of artists that will be at the convention. I am really looking forward to it.

I think that's really cool you got your wife's name on you- after 36 years, it can't be the kiss of death at all!

Hopefully, I'll be attending this year! I'm also hoping that a friend's filming schedule will line up with the convention. I'm not sure if it will, but surely I can endure the Megabus to get there. Well, I hope I can endure the Megabus. Actually, I won't, and I'll be whingey until I get there. But hey, it'll be worth it!

We are both getting tattooed in the week running up by a couple of artists that will be at the convention.

I think this is a largely forgotten (or unspoken) benefit of conventions, that some folks will come into town early or stay later to work a few days at a shop. Definitely benefitted from this myself! And especially nice if you're the kind of agoraphobic idiot I tend to be..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would have liked to go this year (and maybe meet up with some forumites) but I'm on holidays while this is on... (Japan - also admittedly bloody well looking forward to that too).

Ross Nagle from All Star Ink apparently has some slots left, judging from Facebook, if anyone fancies getting some bad-ass trad work.

ive never been to the london convention id love tlo go but this year it falls on my beautiful daughters 2nd birthday and we have family comming down for the weekend but i have booked in with couple of guest spots around london steve byrne at cultclassic and chad koeplinger at frith street i do hope to go next year have a good one to all those going .

• 3 weeks later...