What's on your inner bicep?

This is a cool thread. Lots of really good tattoos. My contribution is as follows... Cross with Koru designs by Tommy Downs at Roger's Tattoo Art in Wellington, NZ. That is surrounded by a half sleeve by Gerry Carnelly at Octopus Tattoo, Derby, UK. The second piece then is a dotwork Aum gap filler by Patrick Huttlinger going in the little gap left by a half sleeve by Ian Flower at New Skool Tattoos in Ewell village, Surrey, UK.

I really like that the combination balances the two arms. When I had the gaps it felt totally unbalanced. I agree with the earlier comment though about not having to tattoo that part of my body again. The cross was my first ever tattoo and not the most pleasant introduction to say the least...

• 2 weeks later...
It turns out that it's really difficult to take pictures of your inner biceps but here are mine. The skull is from Ron Henry Wells and the Haeckel mandala type deal is from Thomas Hooper. I am glad I don't have to get that part of my body tattooed anymore.

ruh roh, worse than collarbone?

ruh roh, worse than collarbone?

I don't really know how to answer that. I have tattoos over both collarbones and I don't recall them being especially bad, even though I know that collarbone is a notoriously bad spot. I remember during one that there were bits where it seemed that my entire skeleton was vibrating and that was distinctly unpleasant, and I hadn't felt that on any other tattoo until I started my back.

The inner arm skull I would rate as the most painful tattoo I've ever had--I would say in all honesty that it was worse than getting my back lined--but that had everything to do with me not being prepared for it. When I got the tattoo I had just finished working a week of twelve-hour long night shifts at a very physically demanding job and I was never in good shape after my work week during the best of circumstances, plus the appointment was at a convention so in addition to being excited about getting tattooed, I was also excited about being at the convention and seeing all the awesome stuff going on, which meant that I got two or three hours of poor-quality daytime sleep prior to the tattoo. And because it was at a convention everything was running behind, and that wasn't great for my physical well-being. Basically you know how during the first few minutes of a tattoo before the endorphins kick in you start to question your sanity and your motives because it turns out that a machine driving needles repeatedly through your skin really really hurts? That's how the entire tattoo was. It was miserable. I've been tattooed a few times by Ron: he also did one of my collarbones, and a good sized tattoo on the side of my lower leg, and I don't find him especially painful to get tattooed by (he's also a tremendous guy, for what it's worth), it was just that I was in bad shape. That tattoo ended up healing pretty badly because I babied it and I was pretty cagey about getting it touched up because of how it felt initially, but at one point he said he was going to do it and I got ready to grit my teeth and get it done...and it was almost painless. So who knows.

For some reason I'm having a hard time imaging tattoos on my inner biceps. I know I'll get both covered eventually, but I just can't visualise how they would look. After some quick googling, it seems that lettering is a popular choice (which definitely isn't something for me). Anyway, I'm rambling... Just show me your inner biceps please.

my right arm,inner bicep,

zoso.jpg

ya ya,I know,but I'm an "old guy" so I get a pass.

Thank you for the detailed post, @Graeme ! The lines on my collarbones had me wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into, I was practically seeing stars, even after the endorphins kicked in (I was well rested and well fed that day, thank goodness...). Fortunately the shading and color wasn't too terrible. You're right on about the whole body thing, I could feel it in my toes and fingers. The details in your post are a tremendous reminder of what tattooing is physically and how amazing our endocrine and central nervous systems can be. They can make you forget completely those first few minutes under the machine, permanently. Or, at least, until the next time you have to wait for your CNS and pituitary to kick in! It's also a great reminder how important it is to be in a good physical and mental place ideally.

Funnily enough the two tattoos I have are on my bicep and collar bone! Neither of which I found that painful... Maybe it's because I have nothing to compare them to. They were both done in the same sitting. Anyway, this is on my inside bicep. Wish I had gone black and grey as I have since decided that I want all black and grey work! Oh well!

DDBEF22B-60BC-47A7-876A-62827033BE25_zpsjmq9rrlj.jpg