Tattoos and Fibromyalga?

Beans

I was wondering if anyone else has Fibro here. If so, has it presented any challenges for you as far as healing, causing flairs, or other disruptions with your immunity? Your experiences? My artists had no idea when I asked and seemed a bit worried about working on me at first. So far so good (1 sit, outline 4 hrs) haha. The weather is warmer and I've been working hard on staying healthy and taking care of myself.

Diagnosed 20 years ago.

Well, maybe Im the only one here with fibro. I think, Ill just update my tattoo/fibro experience for others, if thats ok.

So far so good, 1 week out from first sit. All healed, normal pain level, hurts to poke arm. Nothing new.

I don't have fibromyalga, but I do have a chronic autoimmune disorder - ulcerative colitis - and I am immune suppressed. All of my tattoos have healed perfectly, and the disease and tattoos do not seem to have had any effect on each other.

so far, knock wood, etc.

I don't have fibromyalga, but I do have a chronic autoimmune disorder - ulcerative colitis - and I am immune suppressed. All of my tattoos have healed perfectly, and the disease and tattoos do not seem to have had any effect on each other.

so far, knock wood, etc.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that but glad to hear glad it doesn't effect this part of your life. It really sucks not being in controll of your body, doesn't it? With a crap immune system too, I really have to take care of myself.

Good luck and let us know about any updates.

I was wondering if anyone else has Fibro here.

Hi @Beans yes I had Fibromyalga from around 2000 to 2012 / 13 . As far as getting tattooed I found the tattooing process probably a little easier as I was so used to feeling uncomfortable most of the time with the condition . Mentally tattoos also helped me because looking at them and finding out about the history etc gave my brain a break from Fibro and allowed me to focus on something each and every day that I really enjoyed which didn't wipe me out totally like most of the other activities I had previously loved .

Particulary I think this site helped me a lot too so stick around and I hope you get out of it what I have .

Wow, thank you Kylegrey. It has definitely given me something to occupy my mind with as well, Im getting kind of obsessed and already thinking ahead to my right arm.;) I feel like Im getting a little piece of myself back as well, when I am not able to always do what Id like. Yes, im gonna stick around. Thanks!

My wife claims she can feed me Jello and I still have the gas problem.

My husbands problem lies with breathing air. I'm convinced if I held the pillow over his face, just a little longer each night, I might not get blasted out of bed. Mammoth farts on my back 8.9 on the rictor scale....UGH!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is some good info to know, I haven't tattooed anyone yet with fibro but it's good to know that people are still having cool results.

Me personally, I have friggin Lichen Planus so I can't even get tattooed anymore!! It sucks for real....I need to my fat ass in shape again and hopefully my body will get back into wack...crazy how I didn't have these issues while I was cooling out and in some type of shape

Best of luck to you though bruh!

So, I had my second sitting yesterday. 4 solid hours. Sigh, I sat my butt firmly and didnt say a word, Untill the hot towel and I admit I may have squealed like a little pig. :0 But it's done. This session was rough but that's the name of the game. I am thinking I may have been a bit overly zealous picking out my design. It's looking like I need 25+ more hours to complete it. BUT seeing the ever so small progress, about a 3 inch band is now shaded and colored around my forearm....I nearly cried. It's about the most beautiful thing Ive ever seen. I L.O.V.E my artists and he has been so wonderful to Hubby and I.(who is getting a back piece done by him) He is strictly a dry heal artists so I am following his directions to the "T" I will post healing progress. So far so good.

I have a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. On Humira for the last 7 months or so and I have been tattooed twice since then.

I might have healed a little slower, but as long as I am careful I do fine. I have used the Tegaderm film for this last one and it is amazing.

I work with 2 people that are now disabled out permanently. One with fibro, this had a quick onset and she was out within a couple of weeks of the diagnosis. The other, also a lady started with psoriasis while on a trip out west, came out of nowhere. This was soon followed by RA. Really took both of them down quickly.

If you can manage to keep on working with something like this as well getting tattooed, more power to you.

I work with 2 people that are now disabled out permanently. One with fibro, this had a quick onset and she was out within a couple of weeks of the diagnosis. The other, also a lady started with psoriasis while on a trip out west, came out of nowhere. This was soon followed by RA. Really took both of them down quickly.

If you can manage to keep on working with something like this as well getting tattooed, more power to you.

Thats awful, Fibro flairs can be devastating, I've had my bad month/years too. Hopefuly, with rest and less stress their symptoms will improve. Fortunately I haven't had to work for a few years now, so my health has improved. Though at 7 days out from my last sit, Im really having a hard time healing. I've developed knarley scabs in a few spots as well as a raging sinus infection. Sigh.....

On Humira for the last 7 months or so and I have been tattooed twice since then.

I've been on Remicade for several years now. It doesn't seem to affect my healing time for scratches (or tattoos). It does affect the amount of time it takes for me to get over something like a cold though.

I've been on Remicade for several years now. It doesn't seem to affect my healing time for scratches (or tattoos). It does affect the amount of time it takes for me to get over something like a cold though.

I was afraid that I would be done with tattoos once I started the Humira. But like you said, I can catch a cold at the drop of a hat.

I do feel like tattoos have helped me come back into my body though, like the other posters have said. Which is something that a person without them (or a serious medical condition) just can't understand, it seems.