Bodysuit dirty details: ass crack, inner thighs and crotch.

Rad Kelham

I got my underside fully filled in February.

Mine goes deep i.e. <1" radius around the asshole, no white skin with my legs together or apart. I think it looks better if you go as deep as you and the tattooer feel comfortable with. Because it enhances the natural shadow of the body (booty).

It is very intense. The spot where the ass meets the thigh under the cheek is one of the most painful spots albeit one of the most thrilling sits you can have. Both in terms of physical pain and the mental block of spreading your ass for another person to perform the work in the area. You really need to embrace the vulnerability of the session to get through it. And once your ass and crack is tattooed you will have exponentially increased your no-shame quotient! I could care less now if my tattooed ass is hanging out of my shorts! Kiss my black ass!

I was told the skin is very different to work on in this sensitive area. The shading appears to be cross-hatched and I do recall multiple passes, likely because of the type of skin, swelling/sensitivity, hair follicles, etc.

I was face down with my ass in the air, like the sexy-wife-pose lol. Thigh hanging off the table at some points to give my guy some more room to work. I got electric shocked a few times too haha.

I've got my session-report in the Full Back Piece Experience thread (Crazy Tattoo Stories).

In summary, bring a towel or wooden spoon to bite down on.

Can we get a photo with your hoop cropped out?

@Rad Kelham

I'll happily send unsolicited butt pics to my buddies...but I don't think I'm going to post a blurred picture of my asshole on a public forum, tattoo-related or otherwise! The internet doesn't need to be broken a second time this year.

~ PM me your email or DM on IG @Dennis_kool ... as long as you solemnly swear you are not a craigslist dirty pic collector ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I change my mind. Forget it.

about what? seeing my sexy black ass ?! lol

I'm not planning to get a full suit, yet here I am following this thread anyway.

I am interested however in how the same areas are treated on women; obviously much of the arse is the same, but there's a lot more space and I am curious as the whether the suit is extended further due to this.

@bongsau thanks for the offer but I had a sincere change of mind after clicking send on that last post. Butt, so what you're saying is that yours goes significantly deeper than the bodysuit posted in this thread? And I went to your post in the backpiece thread but the photo link was broken. Is it on the artist's Instagram?

I'm not planning to get a full suit, yet here I am following this thread anyway.

I am interested however in how the same areas are treated on women; obviously much of the arse is the same, but there's a lot more space and I am curious as the whether the suit is extended further due to this.

I sure have some serious ass, but it didn't reinvented the wheel. The classic shoulders to knees layout is pretty unisex, I think.

I was thinking a bit more about this topic and had some more food for thought...

The cut of a tattoo suit (or even a single tattoo for that matter) is very important. The composition and borders of the tattoo needs to match and "fit" the body of the wearer, like it was always meant to be there. We are all different shapes and sizes! And we all have different preferences to achieve the look we desire.

Some folks want their sleeves to go right up to the hand, some are content with some space on the wrist. The borders of the backpiece on the shoulders, how far up the collar/throat you go on the front, how low below the belt you (no biker backpieces! jokes). Some body types will look better with the vest style bodysuit, others prefer the full blast across. The emptiness of negative space can have a very powerful impact too, and I've seen lots of backpieces where the negative is very thoughtfully incorporated.

The inner thigh, crotch, butt crack and underside is no different. Some may feel it completely unnecessary to tattoo in the crack, just like others may feel it taboo to tattoo armpits, heads or feet even. I know I did not want a stripe. For me, my tattoos (made by a dozen guys) are all continuous and blend into each other, so I knew I did not want the crack stripe and wanted to maximize the tattoo coverage, get a little freaky haha.

Go however deep or as shallow into the danger zone that you and the tattooer feel comfortable with and get your suit to cut where it makes sense and for the tattoo to look good on YOUR body. Don't compromise the "cut" of your suit out of fear of the pain. We all know and expect it to hurt. Bite down on the wooden spoon for an afternoon and than bam you are in the clear, looking good and feeling confident. That's why we are all in the mess, ain't it?

A tattoo after-all has to fit YOU, compliment and enhance your body and whatever else tattoo-wise you got going on. That's what I love about tattoos, it is very personalized and you can go as conservative or extreme as you desire...no need to response a no one!

@Dennis suit - the cut and composition looks great. It fits the body, compliments it. Tattoos (bodysuits and one-shots alike) should look like they were always meant to be on the wearer, this is a fantastic example, very precise cuts and we are lucky to have Dennis sharing an in progress peak. The way the vest cuts on the torso, the thighs, ankles yeah man! wow

@Rad Kelham ah i took the photo down off my IG after a couple days which would explain why the link is broken. Backpiece (and 25% of my tattoos) are by Steve Batt in Edmonton. He doesn't put anything online, off the radar type of guy.

Well said. However when it comes to the strip of skin piercing through the backpiece at the cheeks, I'd venture to say almost nobody thinks this looks better. Those that have that strip didn't choose it for aesthetics, rather they or tattooer simply didn't want to deal with spreading cheeks for a tattoo. Fair enough.

I didn't have as much solid black pushed into my crack (harrrr) as some of the other back piece alumni here, but I didn't find it nearly as bad as the love handles or oddly enough the right side of my back. I made a concerted effort to stay away from gas producing foods.

The hardest part for me was not giggling when he started whistling, which sent a nice little breeze down the ass canyon. Gotta appreciate the surrealism of the experience.

• 1 year later...
On 2015/4/24 at 0:52 AM, bongsau said:

I was thinking a bit more about this topic and had some more food for thought...

The cut of a tattoo suit (or even a single tattoo for that matter) is very important. The composition and borders of the tattoo needs to match and "fit" the body of the wearer, like it was always meant to be there. We are all different shapes and sizes! And we all have different preferences to achieve the look we desire.

Some folks want their sleeves to go right up to the hand, some are content with some space on the wrist. The borders of the backpiece on the shoulders, how far up the collar/throat you go on the front, how low below the belt you (no biker backpieces! jokes). Some body types will look better with the vest style bodysuit, others prefer the full blast across. The emptiness of negative space can have a very powerful impact too, and I've seen lots of backpieces where the negative is very thoughtfully incorporated.

The inner thigh, crotch, butt crack and underside is no different. Some may feel it completely unnecessary to tattoo in the crack, just like others may feel it taboo to tattoo armpits, heads or feet even. I know I did not want a stripe. For me, my tattoos (made by a dozen guys) are all continuous and blend into each other, so I knew I did not want the crack stripe and wanted to maximize the tattoo coverage, get a little freaky haha.

Go however deep or as shallow into the danger zone that you and the tattooer feel comfortable with and get your suit to cut where it makes sense and for the tattoo to look good on YOUR body. Don't compromise the "cut" of your suit out of fear of the pain. We all know and expect it to hurt. Bite down on the wooden spoon for an afternoon and than bam you are in the clear, looking good and feeling confident. That's why we are all in the mess, ain't it?

A tattoo after-all has to fit YOU, compliment and enhance your body and whatever else tattoo-wise you got going on. That's what I love about tattoos, it is very personalized and you can go as conservative or extreme as you desire...no need to response a no one!

@Dennis suit - the cut and composition looks great. It fits the body, compliments it. Tattoos (bodysuits and one-shots alike) should look like they were always meant to be on the wearer, this is a fantastic example, very precise cuts and we are lucky to have Dennis sharing an in progress peak. The way the vest cuts on the torso, the thighs, ankles yeah man! wow

@Rad Kelham ah i took the photo down off my IG after a couple days which would explain why the link is broken. Backpiece (and 25% of my tattoos) are by Steve Batt in Edmonton. He doesn't put anything online, off the radar type of guy.

Any picture post? I intested.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, suck it... I'm new to this forum and just started my dragon backpiece last friday. So far upper back has outlines and some shadings. Working downwards in the next weeks/months and still some inches away from my butt. But hell, I'm so afraid of when we'll reach butt and thighs. Right now after my first session I don't really understand what I was thinking when I decided to get a backpiece that reaches down over my ass to my thighs. I mean, obviously there are some very delicate spots to get ink into in this area. Either way, as I commited to this project, guess now I'll have to go though with it. Yeah, it will look great when it's done but you realize, we didn't even get to see those pieces with our own eyes ever, right? Good to know that there are some other silly people out there doing such crazy shit.