Ooo-e!

GlaryMilberg

Hey all,

I want to share my appreciation for all that you've bestowed on me as a long-time lurker. I'm constantly blown away by the tattoos and insights that folks post on this page.

I was born in the Midwest, am 29 years old, and moved to San Jose in 2008 to work with unhoused individuals. I'm the Project Manager for a ridiculously cool non-profit that provides opportunities for unhoused individuals to gain work experience through volunteer projects like beautifying the community. I'm fortunate to be living in a region where so many of my favorite artists live and frequent. I finally joined LST because I have some questions regarding an upcoming back piece that I will begin with Horitomo. For example: how will I scrub the plasma off that goddamn thing? Should I wear a specific material while healing? Can I just use a novelty sized Tegaderm sheet?

Thanks!

Welcome! Your collection makes me want to be your friend! You've got lots of good stuff! And agreed, that koji kneecap is sick.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as your back goes, I recently re-wrapped mine for four days after the tattoo per my artist's instruction, and it kept me from scanning and the heal much more comfortable. You just have to have someone place the wrap for you, I couldn't do it by myself!

Welcome! As another bay-area dweller I agree, we are spoiled out here.

Really nice tattoo collection. That Koji knee-capper is awesome!!

Aye, thanks! I wish I caught Simon Erl while he was at Spider Murphy's, that piece is rad. You have some tattoo's that are my favorite from those folks, like the tourist alien and wolf head. Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome! Your collection makes me want to be your friend! You've got lots of good stuff! And agreed, that koji kneecap is sick.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as your back goes, I recently re-wrapped mine for four days after the tattoo per my artist's instruction, and it kept me from scanning and the heal much more comfortable. You just have to have someone place the wrap for you, I couldn't do it by myself!

Funny, I was just admiring your photos earlier today. I like how you tied all of the japanese work together. Also, very jealous of your Robert Ryan tattoo.

You saran wrapped it for 4 days? How often did you take off for wash and to let breathe? Thanks for the advice, I'm intrigued.

@GlaryMillberg thx re japanese work! not done yet either ;p. I'm jealous of many of your pieces! My right leg is my traditional leg - I had to save space for one shots!

So, per Shad's instruction, for four days post tattoo - every morning i got up, washed my tattoo clean in the shower, and then sent scores of text messages looking for homies to help wrap my back, lol. But really it was wash it, dry it, bactine it, and then wrap it. I could sort of manage the bactine myself, but absolutely could not get a good wrap on it - if you choose to re-wrap you will need a friend to help! Sleep in the wrap, rinse, repeat.

It was scary not letting it breathe, but no infection or weirdness happened at all.

This was my first time re-wrapping - I think I'm going to heal like this forever from now on! I used to dry heal everything but the heal so far on my back has been easy and not a single scab. (Which is what I meant in my earlier post when I said "keeps it from scanning" - I meant scabbing!)