Any help would be appreciated!!!

Nathan0625

Good Afternoon guy and gals,

Where to begin...Lets see im 21 stationed in Cape Cod for the Coast Guard and started getting inked around six months ago and havent really stopped. I keep telling myself last one but no luck. I initially go a ship on my shoulder with my brothers name on the anchor who has DS to show that hes holding me down to Earth, keeping me level headed. Well I decided to get more done on my arm as you can see.. I need your help big time because I think I may be screwed. I had no intentions of having a sleeve but now seeing all of this skin on my left arm I want to get it covered. And here lies my problem...I am out of ideas. I was going to keep the nautical traditional theme going however I have no clue what else to get and I dont want to add filler just yet because then its game over. With that being said would it completely ruin everything to just say screw it and start putting different peices on my arm instead of sticking with the nautical theme? The first couple pictures and the tattoos i have right now and the other ones are what i would potentially like to have or what i am leaning towards as far as sleeve style. Im going to Bahrain later this year and would like to finish this arm up before i ship out. Also, I feel I messed up in the sense that the ship is black and grey, the compass and rose is in bold colors and the lighthouse is vibrant. Did I mess up or will it all come together fine???!! Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Ive been going to Cobra Custom in Plymouth MA and getting tattooed my Matt Crocker who is killing it!! Thanks in advance, Nate.

Pics will be up any sec now

I'm just some person on the internet, but it looks good to me. The black and grey looks really nice next to the color since they're all nautical and done in a similar style. And even if they didn't match (which they do), well, tattoos that don't totally go together can look really good, anyway. When you get tattooed at a pretty good rate it can be easy to second-guess yourself, so maybe a breather would help? If you have some months to finish your arm, that is.

I too would recommend a breather until you have a solid idea of what you want, rather than just trying to get space filled in a certain time period. You have plenty of time to come up with something that is meaningful to you and will work with what you already have, maybe after Bahrain. Being in a hurry can often result in work that you might not always be thrilled with, but I 100% understand how hard it is to be patient.

It is also good advice to work with your artist, since you already have a good relationship going. He could probably come up with something that will work well in the spaces you want to fill. What you have now is great work!

As other have said, take some time to plan and definitely consult with your artist or even seek out those whose work you admire. If you are into nautical themes and traditional style work, the history of modern tattooing is deeply rooted in that imagery. Check out classic stuff by the forefathers like Cap Coleman, Paul Rogers, Bert Grimm and Sailor Jerry (to name a few).

As an old guy...my advice would be "pace not race". You have a damn nice start, but if you enjoy getting tattooed, what's the hurry? Use your travels to the advantage of getting work by people you admire around the globe!

Hey,

I have a huge school project that I need to do. The project is about tattoos. The problem I have though is that I have to have questionnaires filled out. I have sent out roughly 100 but only two people have actually responded and I need to hand in the filled in questionnaires next week Monday. If you could please help me I would be so grateful.

There are two different surveys, the first one is for people who have tattoos, the second is for tattoo artists:

The one for people with tattoos is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6SJQLBG

The second one for tattoo artists is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6XJ9BXG

Please can you fill it out for me, it should only take 2 minutes of your time.

Hey,

I have a huge school project that I need to do.

Done.

What is the topic of the project specifically? It seems like it has a medical or side-effects bent. Just curious.

Good luck with it!

Also, you might get more responses here if you posted this as a new thread - did you go over to the Initiation thread and post it there?

Done.

What is the topic of the project specifically? It seems like it has a medical or side-effects bent. Just curious.

Good luck with it!

Also, you might get more responses here if you posted this as a new thread - did you go over to the Initiation thread and post it there?

It is a project on Medical side effects. But I need more tattoo artists to reply to it