AllisB

Allis - Rural Ohio

I Stumbled on this forum looking for alternative after-care advice, I stayed because...tattoos.

My name is Allis, have several smaller pieces by local artists (most of which I still like). I am set to be tattooed by Hoffa at Hell City Columbus this Friday, May 1 and I am very excited. It will eventually turn into (hopefully) a floral half sleeve by various and sundry artists. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm not on my work computer.

Thanks for listening. Look forward to participating more.

Thanks for this forum in general, and in specific the info on Tegaderm everyone has posted. I am thinking of using it. I am on an immunosuppresant and think it might be helpful for keeping things sterile. I have had a tattoo since I started the meds, and I healed well, but you can never be too safe.

I've never been to Hell City but I love the opportunity to get a piece from an artist I really admire without having to drive all the way to FL.

Ohioan? That is the first time I have ever heard a Buckeye called an Ohioan! (And, I was born North of Columbus in Mt. Vernon)

Hmmmm...I would say that it's a term in general usage. Plus, my Dad, brother & sister are Buckeyes. I'm Miami.

Wow. What a small world. I guess I'll post a picture of the piece I got at Hell City. It's been a while since I've added a picture to a forum. Let's see if I can still do it...

allison_1_thumb.jpg

Ken Hoffa, Ascension Tattoo, Orlandl

I consider myself an Ohioan. My dad, who is from West Virginia, considers me a Buckeye.

I consider it the start of a half sleeve. I am in love with it.

To the poster who mentioned Mt. Vernon, that's where I live. I am in a creative profession which allows me to do what I want tattoo-wise. I work in radio.

I consider it the start of a half sleeve. I am in love with it.

To the poster who mentioned Mt. Vernon, that's where I live. I am in a creative profession which allows me to do what I want tattoo-wise. I work in radio.

I guess Mercy Hospital (now gone, I believe) was the nearest to Centerburg (we had a farm near there). We moved to Kentucky when I was almost 8 (~1960). Great neighbors on the farms around there. I still remember their warmth and helpfullness. I have vivid memories of neighbors helping dad plant corn one year, try to beat a storm we could see rolling in.

I guess Mercy Hospital (now gone, I believe) was the nearest to Centerburg (we had a farm near there). We moved to Kentucky when I was almost 8 (~1960). Great neighbors on the farms around there. I still remember their warmth and helpfullness. I have vivid memories of neighbors helping dad plant corn one year, try to beat a storm we could see rolling in.

That's funny. Mercy Hospital is now part of the courthouse annex (where my husband works, coincidentally). He was born there too!

It is a nice community, if a bit judgmental. I have been treated well.