Girlfriend Problems

tacifone

Hey guys,

I doubt there is another thread like this but if so I apologize. My girlfriend just broke up with me after dating each other for over 3 years. Really really sucks but I will be alright. Any tips for what you guys do after a relationship ends? Anything you guys do that make it any easier? My girlfriend has gone through a lot the past year with a death in the family as well as a divorce so I understand it has been hard on her but I just didn't expect this to happen. She calls it a break so I am still somewhat hopeful that things will turn around. Any tips would be great guys

She calls it a break so I am still somewhat hopeful that things will turn around. Any tips would be great guys

hey man, first off i feel for you and things will get better. day by day, it may be up and down, but overall hang in there. And by "hang in there", i mean don't hang onto her.

If/when your girlfriend wants to "talk", IMO its best to tell her you've moved on and don't want any false hope from a girl who after 3 years decided to end things. no matter how hard it is, the worst thing is to drag something painful on. Hope there was some closure, where you and her bother were able to tell each other exactly what you feel.

if things get really hard for you, its a great idea to talk to someone about it. friends/family too if you've got some good ones.

also, i found writing out your thoughts/fears/anger just to vent, really helps. i would hesitate with having any contact with her. its not worth it! get rid of everything that reminds you of her. that helps.

Take it at your own pace, but go out and distract yourself. reconnect with old friends, immerse yourself in hobbies, work, and work on yourself.

best of luck man

one love

I agree with lots of distraction like work and hobbies...and of course going out with friends, even a club and some drinks to just let lose a little and get rid of tension...

If she calls it a break she needs time to think also...in which case I think it is best to keep distance. I hope things will be well!

Asking for relationship advice on a tattoo forum...of course the answer will be GET A NEW TATTOO !

If you are hopeful that it is truly "a break" - then hang on bro but watch out because the heart bruises easily. I would be cautious, because what may happen is you wait around and put your life on hold only to find out she's already moved on.

So just like a tattoo, make a decision to what YOU want and commit to it.

On a side note, best advice I received from my buds...go bang some other people :p

But be true to yourself and spirit, stay pure

good luck

It sounds harsh, but no contact, at all. If you talk to her, and message, and see what she's up to on social media constantly, it will make everything that much harder. Focus on yourself, try and forget about what she is doing as much as you can, it won't be quick but it's the best way I know to get on with your life. If she really wanted to be with you she would not have broken up with you, or asked for a break.

Yeah that was bad advice. Let me try again: move to a new city. Start a new life. Never look back. Get a small dog, start skateboarding again after many years. Basically reinvent yourself and pretend the old life never existed, that way you can avoid your suffering entirely. A new hairdo is a good idea too. Go incognito.

Yeah that was bad advice. Let me try again: move to a new city. Start a new life. Never look back. Get a small dog, start skateboarding again after many years. Basically reinvent yourself and pretend the old life never existed, that way you can avoid your suffering entirely. A new hairdo is a good idea too. Go incognito.

Haha...I think beer, drugs and hookers is avoiding to face the suffing too. Seems a bit too Emo to me.

Beer. Drugs. Hookers.

This!

It sounds harsh, but no contact, at all. If you talk to her, and message, and see what she's up to on social media constantly, it will make everything that much harder. Focus on yourself, try and forget about what she is doing as much as you can, it won't be quick but it's the best way I know to get on with your life. If she really wanted to be with you she would not have broken up with you, or asked for a break.

But in all seriousness, this^^^

It's your life and do what makes you happy and all that shit, but man, don't buy into the 'break'. Seriously. Move on.

no contact, at all..

Best advice.

Block her from social media, delete her number. Not to be nasty, so you can get to the point of not having her on your mind, driving you crazy 24/7. Work on that emotional strength....and one day, you'll find yourself at a time not thinking about her when you normally would. That's when you know you're progressing... then it just gets easier.

When a woman needs space, for whatever is driving it, whether we like it or not, we just gotta take a breath and give it to them.

And if all that fails?, follow @ Rad Kelham's advice. Pearler! :)

Beer. Drugs. Hookers.

ROFL! HAHAHAHAHA!

I am with @bongsau. I Solve the worlds problems with tattoos. LOL

My brother called me with some issues the other day. My advice? Get a tattoo and fuck the rest. LOL

J/K! :)

But yes is true commit to something new and keep focus on everything else in life.

Do not follow anything she does online and stay away from the phone. Deleting her contact and shit like that does help.

Do not hang on to things that will remind you of her... I am not saying throw them away or burn them but do put them in a box and put them away.

Sometimes doing this things can bite you in the ass if she decides to come around so do what you think is best.

Take it easy bro.

All the "move on" advice is sound.

At the end of the day, even if she rings you up in a year's time crying down the phone that she's made a terrible mistake, you're better off having picked yourself up in the meantime and gotten out there and had some fun meeting new people.

I'm Irish so frankly phase one could certainly include ringing up some friends and going out for a few drinks. Your breakup story will fascinate and entertain all at the bar when you're slurring it out at 3AM (and if it doesn't then if you're drunk enough you won't notice).

After that - yeah, hobbies and distractions - why not. Maybe a sports club, a new gym with group classes... I met my wife at a CrossFit gym :)

Spend time with your mates, make sure you go out plenty...to the pub/bar, don't stay in on your own thats the worst thing you can do. The best thing to do is have lots of casual sex with random women, thats the cure for heartbreak if you ask me. Best way to get over a women is get another one (sorry not being sexist here, same for women)

Or if you can afford it, come to Thailand and go crazy for a month ;) pm if thats an option hehe

It sucks hard for a while, then it starts sucking less, then you get busy doing something else, then you realize it hasn't sucked too much lately. There isn't a timeline for this, and you sometimes take big backward steps. Don't feel like you're failing at having a broken heart.

Each one is its own special flower.

The best thing you can get out of it is to have learned something.

Just wanted to add something to the "sleep around" advice.

If you plan to be with a female in the future, which I assume, keep in mind that many aren't fond of a man having slept around just like a man would not prefer that their future woman slept with a lot of guys.

Just to add a different perspective.

Yeah the sleeping around part is not good for me. My friends tell me the same thing but I just cannot bring myself to do that. My friends make fun of me and tell me that I am a lover which is true. I just need some time. Just really hard to have someone in your life for three years then not be able to talk to them at all

Yeah the sleeping around part is not good for me. My friends tell me the same thing but I just cannot bring myself to do that. My friends make fun of me and tell me that I am a lover which is true. I just need some time. Just really hard to have someone in your life for three years then not be able to talk to them at all

Any future woman will definitely appreciate that attitude. :) It doesn't matter what the men think because they won't be in a relationship with you haha.

Breakups of all sorts are hard. It is perfectly natural to feel horrible for some time, to still hope. It will get better naturally.