Realistic tattoo

xcom

As @RoryQ said this threads wont start them self sooooo...

So my roof is schedule to get fix and still have a bit of money to play with.

Family is take care of and now is my turn.

Looking in to doing a realistic piece. In the area of an Owl.

Any other animal that represents darkness and intelligence?

What you guys think?

Ideas thoughts or recommendations?

No Panthers or Eagles please. I kid I kid! LOL.

I LOVE owls I think they make for a beautiful tattoo subject. We have a great horned pair in our field here and they are truly majestic. Mountain Lions and wolves are other intelligent but dark creatures too, at lest where I'm living.

You have NO idea. I had a run in with a wolf at midnight, at elk camp a few years back. I nearly shit my pants as it stood growling in my right ear. I never saw it but found his prints the next day. My 135 barley left a track his prints were 3/4 inch deep at least. I can't imagine how big he was or how quickly he could have taken my throat out. Bad ass creatures!

For me the kind of realistic tattoo that appeals is black and grey stuff that doesn't go too far into the hyper-realism end of things (you know, that looks not just photographic but almost goes further, with the really crazy light effects).

Jose Lopez, Chuey Quinatar... Some of the crazy Mexican bandits in front of trains, goddesses, human sacrifices, Virgin and Jesus etc.

I like looking at the religious stuff in general, or big epic myths and legends pieces like you see some of the Eastern Europeans do.

Think these are both Zsolt Sarkozi (Hungary). Love this stuff.

post-1095-146168880857_thumb.jpg

post-1095-14616888086_thumb.jpg

I like looking at the religious stuff in general, or big epic myths and legends pieces like you see some of the Eastern Europeans do.

Think these are both Zsolt Sarkozi (Hungary). Love this stuff.

[ATTACH]12532[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12533[/ATTACH]

Hell yea love this. It is in my plans to do a religious piece. Just not sure who will do this piece yet.

You have NO idea. I had a run in with a wolf at midnight, at elk camp a few years back. I nearly shit my pants as it stood growling in my right ear. I never saw it but found his prints the next day. My 135 barley left a track his prints were 3/4 inch deep at least. I can't imagine how big he was or how quickly he could have taken my throat out. Bad ass creatures!

Thats some scary shit!

:eek:

- - - Updated - - -

I've always liked crowls and magpies. Maybe the body of an owl and the head of a crowl? Not sure if you like those weird kind of combonations

Interesting morph? lol :)

Not sure how realistic you like your realistic tattoos. Myself, the hyper-realism, and even most of the photo-realistic stuff is not my cup of tea. They look really cool, but not my style. My personal preference is toward the realism built upon a traditional "framework", for lack of a better term.

Darcy Nutt is really good at tattooing what I described above - because pictures are worth way more than my crappy descriptions. One of my personal favorite artists, and a super chill lady - I hope to get more work from her one day.

I think a black and grey realistic owl would be cool. Have any idea what kind of owl you want?

10843675_598960016898527_1985752655_n.jpg

10513753_649752081781512_1655987561_n.jpg

915688_776984685656711_296336707_n.jpg

10616879_760713450656500_578773976_n.jpg

10475035_418644601622036_1446918552_n.jpg

Not sure how realistic you like your realistic tattoos. Myself, the hyper-realism, and even most of the photo-realistic stuff is not my cup of tea. They look really cool, but not my style. My personal preference is toward the realism built upon a traditional "framework", for lack of a better term.

Darcy Nutt is really good at tattooing what I described above - because pictures are worth way more than my crappy descriptions. One of my personal favorite artists, and a super chill lady - I hope to get more work from her one day.

I think a black and grey realistic owl would be cool. Have any idea what kind of owl you want?

Something like this...

57eb8a10531339d003ef2ceb8e604d51.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Great Idea homie. Go for it.

You bet!

- - - Updated - - -

Saw an owl today at work in the tree. incredible to see them in real life. I recommend to go see them in the zoo or maybe with a guide for some owlspotting.

Awesome idea, Thanks!