Official LST BBQ thread?

Isotope

Nice job, Isotope. I can see the moisture and mandatory pink ring, so it must be some damn fine brisket. My grandfather (passed away at 94 last year) was a brisket master. He was a Czech from Shiner, TX. We were lucky to have him so long, and his BBQ set the bar pretty high. I've traveled all over and ate at Kansas City's famous BBQ places, but they never came close to what I've had in Texas.

Damn, now I'm hungry!

Nice job, Isotope. I can see the moisture and mandatory pink ring, so it must be some damn fine brisket. My grandfather (passed away at 94 last year) was a brisket master. He was a Czech from Shiner, TX. We were lucky to have him so long, and his BBQ set the bar pretty high. I've traveled all over and ate at Kansas City's famous BBQ places, but they never came close to what I've had in Texas.

Damn, now I'm hungry!

brisket fuckin master

hqdefault.jpg

Damn, now I'm hungry!

Thank you!!!

As to your Grandfather...

Czech background? check.

Central Texas? check.

Yep. Definitely checks out as a Texas brisket king.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

I'm sure that this is barbeque sacrilege but I did baby back ribs in the slow cooker the other day. I made a spice rub, baked them for a bit before tossing them in the cooker then finished them under the broiler. Stupid easy and seriously yummy.  

I've done that before,it turns out pretty good ! super tender.