Mike Panic

non-laser tattoo removal, 2 years 'healed' photos

Before you decide to do 'non-laser' tattoo removal, have a look at this. 2 years after a single treatment and the client is left with pinkish-white scarring. They came to see my yesterday so we could start fading this with FDA approved lasers in hopes they will be able to get it covered up.

I don't do 'non-laser' tattoo removal, but if you have questions in general about what I do or how it works, please ask me. This type of scarring is not a fair trade-off in my mind.

Looks like it, thanks @Ducky15568. I thought it would be worthwhile knowing the method since from time to time we get people here asking about particular non-laser tattoo methods. Now we can point them to this thread because the results in the first picture are horrible.

Just so I put this out there as a disclaimer, I do laser tattoo removal, in case there was a wonder. This client agreed (and signed) waivers for me to use photographs I took of them. They did not recall the brand name of service that was done on them and even if they did disclose it to me, I wouldn't simply put a business on blast.

It most likely was the aforementioned brand earlier in this thread, but out of courtisey to the brand which I have no first hand experience, I won't (and can't) confirm what 'lactic acid' method was indeed used.

I'm just putting this out there as a public service because the client was sold pretty hard on the service by the tech who bashed laser as being far to painful to actually deal with and that this method would be faster and yield better results. In my clients words, paraphrased: the laser treatment was quick with very little discomfort.

For full disclosure, I'd like to request photos of post and healed laser results.

No problem, I'll get you an update in about 6-7 weeks when the client comes back in. My work speaks for itself though, as does most professional laser operators. Because I'm not here to promote myself / business but rather as a resource for the community, I rarely post progress photos on here. Take a look at my website / social media profiles in the meantime though.

I just wanna say..I am not in the least bit squeamish by nature, but some of the pictures of these non-laser methods in-progress make me wanna barf. So, so gross and traumatic looking. Knowing that this is the end result makes it kind of a no-brainer for me.

2nd client in, in a week.

Not happy with the cover-up on their chest they sought out tattoo removal. Several months after having a single treatment with the 'non-laser' type of tattoo removal and they are left with these scarred and discolored dots.

Please, ask questions and look at portfolios of work prior to starting tattoo removal with anyone.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• My name is brenna and I’ve been getting tattoos since 2015. I just recently got my fifth and I’m starting to have second thoughts. I’m mainly here for advice. Thanks! I feel like I was swindled or just not paying attention. It didn’t look bad as a drawing and it was a short 2 hour piece on my knee. It was a Japanese style piece like all my tattoos are in memoriam for my hedgehog. At first the drawing looked fine in the outline phase but filled in and on my leg I don’t like it. He looks proportionally wrong and it just looks derpy to say the least. I want to go back and discuss with the guy but I don’t know what to say? I’ll add a picture for reference. But the head looks big and the whole piece lacks detail. I went to a guy with awards in Asian tattooing near me so idk what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. 
    • I know I am late with this post, but I wrote my own thoughts about Lyle back when he passed away, but never got around to posting them. I think it is fair to say that Lyle Tuttle was absolutely the pivotal character in bringing tattooing to a wider population. I believe there is a direct unbroken line between Tuttle tattooing Janis Joplin in 1970, and the popularity and mainstreaming of tattooing that we see today. The fact that this website exists, where people of all backgrounds are sharing their enthusiasm about tattooing is a testament to the movement that Tuttle set in motion. I was 18 when I read about Tuttle tattooing Joplin in Rolling Stone. It stoked my interest in tattooing, and I have followed it closely ever since. My girlfriend (now wife) and I – two good, normal clean scrubbed middle class kids – got tattoos a couple of years later because Tuttle made it seem accessible and appealing. Tuttle’s tattooing of Joplin generated interest by newspapers and magazines, probably in part because a woman getting a tattoo was something virtually unheard-of at that time, so articles exploiting that angle attracted readers. Nevertheless, Tuttle was quoted or referred to in almost every single one of those articles, and amazingly became the subject of a feature in in a 1972 issue of Life magazine, the most popular family publication in America at the time. He was quotable, said things in a humorous way. He was just outrageous enough to be interesting, but cleaned-up enough to be suitable for mainstream consumption. He was a character. I have read that Tuttle was somewhat controversial among some old time tattooers, some of whom viewed him as a shameless self-promoter, and resented the popularity of tattooing that he fueled, feeling that it ruined tattooing, taking away its outlaw cachet. That is a topic for another discussion, but suffice to say that Tuttle was the straw that stirred the drink. I have often wondered if the popularity of tattooing would have grown as it has – or would have grown at all – if another artist had tattooed Janis Joplin. I can easily imagine a different, more crusty tattooer at that time being interviewed after tattooing her, and saying something like, “F_ck ‘em. They want a tattoo, so I give it to them, and they pay me. Chicks, guys, I don’t care. Just so they pay me. But all these goddam hippie chicks really have no f_cking business getting tattooed. They don’t know what tattooing is about.” His quote might have made it into Rolling Stone, but would have done little to make a more conventional clientele feel good about tattooing. I doubt that he would have been widely quoted in other magazines and newspapers, and he certainly would have never made it into Life magazine. He probably would have done nothing to promote the industry to a new clientele. He would have reinforced the same decades-old perceptions of tattooing as a gritty, outsider practice carried out by outlaws on outlaws. in a sense Tuttle was precisely the right guy, in the right place, at the right time. Part showman, part salesman, part promoter. He had one foot firmly in the traditions of tattooing, and the other in the counterculture that evolved in the 1960s and 70s.  I suspect that many of us on these forums would have never gotten tattooed were it not for the wheels that Tuttle set in motion nearly fifty years ago, and the tattoo landscape of today would been much different without him.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By TattAwayTampa
      So my name is Wes and I'm the owner of a Tattoo Removal business in South Tampa, FL. Before you gawk at at the thought of removing tattoos, a big potion of our tattoo removal business is for individuals like yourselves that might have just run out of real estate and need to remove an old or undesirable tattoo so that they can add a new piece.
      I'm joining to hopefully provide better insight into the tattoo removal business and the available options out there, so your'll find me in the coverup / removal threads most of the time.
      I myself have a few tattoos none that I've wanted to remove (yet), but I have tested our lasers out of curiosity.
      Feel free to ask me anything and I'll do my best to give a honest / educated answer. Looking forward to becoming acquainted with the Last Sparrow community.
      Wes
    • By burntlace
      Hows it going? My names Lacey...I'm from fl. I've been getting random ink since I was legally able and I've kind of gotten into a bad situation. I joined the forum because I do have a passion for the ink and I love seeing how creative people can be and their own ideas. My situation happened whenever my main tattoo guy went mia and it took several years for me to find him. Since I couldn't find him I went ahead and tried out a new guy that had a decent rep at the local tatt shop...needless to say I gave him my idea and he drew it up nicely. What didn't happen properly was the placement of a couple things...i'll post them later so you can see and the line was crap. as soon as I saw it I just stopped him, we shared words and I left. Right now I cant really leave my state and cant afford to go to the derm to get it lasered so I'm looking for a shop in fl that does it at a decent price...and I finally got found my old tatt guy, he'd had to go to NY for his mom. After he saw what I had to work with he agreed to work with me and help me cover it up, but some of it has to be faded and he has a couple tats he would like to get rid of himself....any help would be awesome and I don't mind conversing with random people...so if you ever want to chat, hit me up :cool:
    • By Dennis
      The tattoo isn't even poorly done, and it doesn't look like he has any other work. Strange that you would get a tattoo of that size (which obviously required multiple sittings) and then regret it enough to laser it. :confused:
    • By YOMONEY
      at fade fast. my arm is super swollen. and not like painful-because-of-bruising swollen. but more like lymphadema elephant man swollen. it doesnt hurt at all, but it sucks. is this normal? any advice on how to handle this?
      about the treatment- its NOT painful. uncomfertable- yes. in fact the only time it hurt was when i was thinkng about what its comparable too. my experience was more like tiny pin pricks and stinging. there were some foot wagging and teeth grinding moments, but never was i ready to take a break or praying for it to be over with. there is no way to say it hurts more or less than getting a tattoo, because theyre two different feelings- apples and oranges.
      off the bat, all of my shading as knocked out and some black areas were gone or very faded. it also stings like a sunburn an hour or two after treatment. again, nothing bad. my arm is full of huge blisters now also. they do not hurt, just look gnarley.
      i was scared as hell going into this, nobody should be. its seriously not that bad or as crazy as it looks..
      - - - Updated - - -
      which also makes me think, everything ive read or seen- the prices people are charged, the agony people are put through, and especially the results people are getting, it is VERY important to travel to see somebody with a rep in the tattoo community to get this done.
    • By Mike Panic
      Note to the moderators, this is my leg, tattoo removal being done on me, not a client / stranger / randoms.
      Back in 1997 I started what I hoped would be an epic leg sleeve - and ended up falling out of love with it about a year or two later. I also added to the back, by a different artist, a totally random piece to what you see here and what's on the side. By 1999 I had zero intention of actually finishing it and started focusing more on work, a career and things like that. Since then I've had several other tattoos that I actually like, but have always dealt with what's that? whenever I wear shorts. Thus, I started having them removed a while ago. Since this piece was mostly grey wash, and put in rather lightly, I've had some really great results after a single treatment. Thursday night I sat through a 2nd treatment on this piece and had 1st treatments on the right side of my leg and a piece on the back.

Healing is going well already and hopefully by the second week of January I can get another treatment.