Anybody else not get the "itch"?

Isotope

I dry heal the work I get on myself, and I read so much about about "itching" during the healing process, and I've never once experienced it. My healing process is usually by day 4 scabs are forming, by day 7 they start dropping off, and then just continue to flake and fall until reaching the shiny "milk skin" phase. Then the shine slowly goes away and the ink settles clear and bright. But itching? I guess I should consider myself incredibly fortunate.

Mine have never gotten itchy, either. Peeling and peeling, then when I think it is done it peels some more, but not itching, thank goodness. I'm allergic to so many things, foods, environmental stuff/pollen/insects, so I feel fortunate I don't get a histamine response to tattoo ink, or whatever causes the itching.

I've only had the urge to itch on one tattoo, and that was a 4.5/5 hour piece.

All my others are all v small and dotted about, I don't recall ever having the itch with those.

With the bigger piece though, there was never a real urge - just a mild niggle. Nowhere near like a bad insect bite where you just feel the need to go at yourself with sandpaper.

Perhaps if I ever went really big, that could be different - perhaps size DOES matter, after all.

Sorry boys.

Like LizBee, I have a few allergys - pollens, dust, dust mites, dog dander (although the daughter's dog doesn't seem to bother me) and take daily prophylactic doses of Benedryl and Chorophenremine Maleate along with NasalChrom sprays and Generic Flonase. This combination has managed to lead me through a pretty bad allergy season here in East Tennessee with nothing but a little runny nose. My food allergys are few - primarily bell peppers give me huge headaches.

But tattoo itch? Only vary mild and occasional that goes away with a mild slap (three weeks in and I had to slap the cameo tattoo of my wife in the face a couple times at Bible study last night). I have caught myself scratching through my shirt, and just changed it to a slap. I use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing with Aloe after the first peel, and I think it really helps. In winter, my calves itch like crazy at night - sometimes keeping me awake for hours. I have found that this Gold Bond Ultimate Healing works much better and longer than cortisone creams.

Mine only itch very very slightly in some moments around day 2/3. I keep them moist so they don't form a crust but small bits of black skincells come off. They look healed pretty quickly but many are small...I will have to pay better attention next time but after 10 days the whole shedding of skin cells is over.

• 2 weeks later...