London Convention 2015, 25:th - 27:th of September

http://www.thelondontattooconvention.com/artists/2015/

... too early?

I'm planning to go. Would be nice to meet some other LST-people there!

I'm booked in at the private studio of Alex Reinke on the monday after, but might catch something small during the convention too. Visited with my brother two years ago and it was a lot of fun. Got four palm sized tattoos that time.

I had intended to go. I even have a hotel booked for the full weekend. But I'm gonna have to cancel. With the euro going south, I'm looking at over a grand before I even walk in the door and I can't justify that at the moment.

@Ninab, @Morten Marbel, @Iwar and myself are planning to visit the convention. I don´t have any appointments, but I hope to get a tattoo from Ichibay if he is in London under this years convention. @Ninab hope to get tattooed by Paul Dobleman, Theo Mindell or Bart Bingham. Also looking forward to buy the new Ivan Szazi-book by Alex Reinke..

• 2 months later...
@Wilhell + @Iwar + others

Is anybody renting an appartment close by during the convention? Would be nice to split it and geek out on tattoos to the max !

No, just renting a hotelroom in Brick Lane close to the convention and Seven Doors Tattoo. But it would be nice for sure. I'm so ready for tattoos, food and beer in London

@mmikaoj, I grew up around East London and although I'm now living in Melbourne, all my closest friends are still there. My best mate lives in Stoke Newington which is just a short bus ride from the convention, he lives in a shared house with six photographers and has a lovely Boltz pinup.

If you are still looking let me know because they will definitely let you stay on their sofa bed? They are really nice guys and I imagine you would all get on great. Better than braving the tube from the suburbs on the weekend!

And can't believe you are getting tattooed by Rubendall, very jealous!

@jimmyirish

Wow that sounds like a great plan! Thank you so much for thinking about me :) Sounds like a good place! I've been living in a shared house with my four friends now almost three years in Stockholm.

Are your friends on lastsparrow? Otherwise they can find me on couchsurfing, or facebook: Joakim Mathiasson.

Thanks man, appriciate it!

(Just about to send the deposit to Kings Ave!)

@mmikaoj

No they aren't on Lastsparrow, probably the best way is if you private message me your email. I am going to ring my friend this evening so I will mention it to him then and pass on your email. I actually met him on a subway in Brooklyn when it broke down and we were trying to figure out if you could smoke on the platform! Then we realised that we are from the same place and both like tattoos and some of the same photographers.

I think living with good friends and inviting interesting people into your home when they are travelling is a really rich experience. I'm hoping to have some cool people through once I get set up here in Melbourne.

What are you gonna get from Rubendall?

@Wilhell

Yeah man, pretty heft price. But a lot cheaper than going to the states for that tattoo. Whatever, hope he's fast haha :)

@jimmyirish Gonna send you a PM right now, thanks again!

It's so fun to have special stories like that with friends, like how you two met!

Agree, being able to host strangers through couchsurfing for example is so fulfilling. I've never had a bad experience using that site so far. Actually I made three really close friends thanks to the site, and a bunch of people I keep in contact with. Only problem is when you befriend someone from Chile and you can't be sure if you ever going to see the person again in your life...