London Convention 2015, 25:th - 27:th of September

I'll be there on the Friday. I have a session with Henning J in the late afternoon. It will be my fourth year in a row and I can't wait.

So if you happen to come across a pale Scottish guy getting his ribs hammered from 5pm onwards on Friday feel free to say hello to help me take my mind off the pain.

I think I'll be there on Saturday to get tattooed. I'm somewhat unsure though, as I haven't been asked to pay a deposit or anything. I kinda thought this was normal procedure, but maybe not all tattooers do this?? I've sent an email asking for clarification anyway, hoping it's not too dumb a question :-/

Assuming it really happens, I might well be up for a quick pint afterwards if anyone is around!

I'm going on the Sunday, I can't wait to see the Ed Hardy Exhibition. I'm trying to decide if I should try and get tattooed or not, I'm trying to save for my back piece which I started saving for last year before I fell pregnant. We had our son 1 month ago (the most amazing thing I've ever done in my life) but I last got tattooed by Bert Krak roughly 1 year ago so the temptation to cave in and get a little something is strong!!

@Sergiozoolander

Yes :) Only vaguely: bonji with smoke and sakura, (finger)waves, eternal knot (or maybe something else)

I find the more I leave to the artist, the better tattoo I will get. Just a vague idea and I let them take it from there.

Yes, atemporal great motifs!!! Enjoy it, can't wait to see them. ??

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if I have to turn up real early to get in by noon? Looking at photos from the previous years I see terribly long queues and according to the convention website they open the gate at 9am so people can get into the venue at 11.30am....?!?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I got here at 10:50 with an advance ticket and had no queuing troubles. The queue for gate sales didn't look huge but I didn't really spend a long time looking at it. Turn up between 10 and 11 and I think you'll be OK but please don't hold me to that if I'm wrong. Tomorrow will be busier than today I reckon though. Not sure if that was a particularly useful answer...

@ItsNewport that thing fuckin rules! I also saw a snake he did with a tiger pattern that blew my mind, he came to show Josh Arment while I was getting tattooed.

Overall I saw some amazing pieces being made, picked up two that I'm super stoked on, and met/was introduced to several really cool people. That being said, I'm not sure I was into this convention that much. It was reeeeeeeally crowded, and the performances weren't really my cup of tea. I'm glad I experienced it, but I don't think I'll go next year unless it's just to get tattooed. A bit too hectic for me!

@omeletta's lion just made my jaw drop. You have been getting some of the coolest tattoos!

Thanks @polliwog, that's too kind :-) I'm well happy with it! I don't have that many though, not yet anyway...

Just posted the shishi in latest tattoo down.

Didn't get to see much of the convention unfortunately. I only picked up a few stickers and also a set of awesome finger wave prints by Mike Rubendall. Would have loved to see the Ed Hardy stuff but was so hungry and tired after getting tattooed I just ate something and headed home as it was getting late.

Really like the venue though. I've only been to the Brighton convention before where all the tattooing was happening in one huge hall and I remember it being super noisy. In London everything felt better spaced out and at least where I was sitting, it was quiet enough to relax somewhat.