Crammed tattoo sessions

GlaryMilberg

I'm planning on having my front torso tattooed by an artist living in Australia, as he visits the US in July. Our goal is to finish before he leaves (about 2.5 months), but he will be traveling through different regions. He says that ideally it should take about 4 sessions, and around 3.5 hours each session. I'm hoping to do 2 back to back days in LA and two days in the bay, a few days apart. I've never tapped out of a tattoo, but I've also never done the torso or close days. Anyway, I'd like to say that I'll tough it fine but I'm naturally a bit nervous.

I'm interested in hearing about others with similar experiences. I realize everyone is quite different but insight would be rad. Maybe it's worthwhile to spend the money and spread my days out flying to the other cities?

@RoryQ, just saw your post in the London Convention section, you're going to Japan to finish with Tomo? Are you starting anything new?

Man, I'm dreading starting my front based on hearing a few people's experiences. But also can't wait to actually get around to starting it.

Thanks for sharing, that makes sense. I want someone to have him tell me that each session is 8 hours, so I can breeze through half hah. I understand that the back heals easier than most areas, is the front notoriously the same?

Tomo has a studio in Nagaoka?

Thanks for sharing, that makes sense. I want someone to have him tell me that each session is 8 hours, so I can breeze through half hah. I understand that the back heals easier than most areas, is the front notoriously the same?

Tomo has a studio in Nagaoka?

I found both back and front healed well. The front is easier to look after in terms of cleaning, covering etc.

5-6 hours a day is loads of tattooing for me these days.. especially on the torso.

Tomo has his own studio in his home city now - Silk Needle Tattoo.

What are you getting on your torso?

See this thread.

There's also a poster on here who did a full back (not including butt, if I remember correctly, it seems weird trying to recall what's on a stranger's butt but I guess that's what happens here) with Erin Chance in 3 days. I don't think she's been active recently, but maybe someone can remember her username and tag her??

Edit: tagging @CaitlinBurnett10 if she cares to chime in.

Hi guys! Sorry I've been so slack & inactive lately! Work / study has been killing me! I do lurk from time to time however :P

I flew to Auckland (another city within New Zealand) to catch Erin Chance while she was in the country & I took up all her free time here outside of the Tattoo Festival, because I'm greedy.

We tattooed all day Thursday Friday Saturday, around 10hr days.. But I started & finished a full back piece.. Not including butt haha as said above ^^ I think it must finish about an inch or two lower than tailbone. Haven't decided whether I'll extend down further, probably not at this stage!

It sucked, but it was worth it! Photos on my profile xD

Hi guys! Sorry I've been so slack & inactive lately! Work / study has been killing me! I do lurk from time to time however :P

I flew to Auckland (another city within New Zealand) to catch Erin Chance while she was in the country & I took up all her free time here outside of the Tattoo Festival, because I'm greedy.

We tattooed all day Thursday Friday Saturday, around 10hr days.. But I started & finished a full back piece.. Not including butt haha as said above ^^ I think it must finish about an inch or two lower than tailbone. Haven't decided whether I'll extend down further, probably not at this stage!

It sucked, but it was worth it! Photos on my profile xD

Amazing. Truly amazing.

@GlaryMilberg Thank you! I rather like it!! You'll be fine in your sessions, I think it can be mind over matter a bit.. Take stuff to keep you occupied, music or iPad or book or whatever. It helped me keeping my brain focussed on something other than the pain :) I drank a lot of water, are chocolate & had ibuprofen on hand to keep swelling down - that was a lifesaver on days two & three!! Good luck! Post up some pics & updates :)

When @polliwog mentioned @CaitlinBurnett10 about your piece, I honestly forgot.

Then when I saw the pic, I immediately remembered you documenting it.

I must say you got balls of Steel, kudos to you. I'm going in on a two day session for a half sleeve in October. So far that is the most in a row i'm doing. I gotta build up to your stamina. hahaha