helllo im new to the forum and in desprete need right now

MMtexas

ive posted a picture that I drew years ago and there is what I believe is a Japanese symbol instead of Chinese. I would greatly appreate a lot if someone where to help translate the symbol to English

thank you for reading

MMtexas

Why are you in desperate need - was this tattooed on anyone already? You might get some suggested translations here, but there are so many different interpretations for characters that providing a single concrete translation could be difficult. You'll probably get the advice that you should reconsider using Chinese or Japanese characters. Also, will you trust someone on the internet to give you an accurate translation? ;)

There is a thread around here somewhere that warns against this if you use the search engine.

thank you, your advice did help. I need it desperately because I have a good friend that wants that drawing on him soon. but I have spent hours trying to figure it out what it was but ive been thinkin of getting rid of what is on there and replacing it a single traditional Japanese character. thank you again

It looks like it's supposed to be bonji but is drawn so poorly that it's like showing us a jumble of lines and asking us what they're supposed to read. There are a lot of tattooers in Texas (I assume that's where you're from) who do excellent Japanese--heck, the best person who does arguably the best Japanese tattooing in the U.S. is in Austin--so your friend should go to one of them because your drawing is frankly terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

im so glad that theres so much criticism about a drawing that was drawn back when I was 13 and first started drawing random stuff..... but I did have the drawing re done by a actual artist and we did get a different symbol. so thank you to the people who wasn't a dick about this.