The Brainstorming Thread

We have a new tattoo thread, and an upcoming tattoo thread, but nothing about what we're thinking of having done. And planning is half the fun. :)

Here's some stuff I'd like to get some day:

- a rooster fighting a snake, illustrative style, going all the way around my left lower leg

- the classics: Rock of Ages, pharoah's horses...either on my forearms or thighs

- traditional dagger somewhere, not sure where yet

- traditional style sacred heart somewhere

- something sickeningly cute from a female artist (never been tattooed by a woman, really want to embrace my femininity with it!)

- some sort of evil goat as a tribute to my love of metal

Those are set in stone must haves, everything else I'm still thinking about.

This thread seems like it could get cool. I put in another thread that i want a koi with an arrow sticking out of it. I also would love to get a lady head tattoo down the road someday as well as a Jurassic Park themed black and gray tattoo

This thread seems like it could get cool. I put in another thread that i want a koi with an arrow sticking out of it. I also would love to get a lady head tattoo down the road someday as well as a Jurassic Park themed black and gray tattoo

Jurassic park needs some red in it man :)

No clue who did it guys but i think it is my favorite tattoo I have ever seen. I am a huge Jurassic Park nerd and found it googling pictures of dinosaur tattoos. I think it is incredible and would love to have a piece fairly similar to this one

I want to get the three fates (definitely as beautiful women) smiling, with the thread of fate curling around my pinkie as it is being cut... on my forearm. I have an artist I'm thinking about getting this from.

And I want the whore of Babylon (babylon the great and the beast) on the back of my thigh.

I'd like to someday get some kind of image of the Goddess Isis and someday I hope to get a japanese style half sleeve on my still untattooed left arm. Otherwise, I think I already have the two specific things I wanted (guitar and dragon) but I'll probably think of something else I "need" eventually.

I definitely agree and would love a rooster fighting a snake tattoo. Super big and vicious.

I feel like anything unique might not want to be shared for fear of it being stolen by someone who moves faster. Until then I have some nifty ideas based on flash I saw recently. Just gotta keep saving pennies.

Making a solid plan and following through with it is something I haven't been very good at so far -- usually because what I'm interested in involves travel. I daydream a lot, though. I want a descending tiger from a specific artist but haven't quite managed to go about asking him yet, knowing that it will be a bit of a commitment. Impulsive one-shots!!

@xcom are you going to have Jay Joree do it? Please have her do it!

Sick ass idea!!!!

Didn't have her in mind for this piece but looking in to her profile I think this piece would be perfect for her!

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!! :D

Thanks for making the thread a success, guys. I love reading about other people's ideas almost as much as I like thinking about my own. ;)

More thoughts: I'd like to start bigger projects, like ribs, back, chest, etc. But I feel like torso tattoos are really bold statement pieces, especially on women, so I want to make sure my ideas are perfect for each spot. I'm kind of thinking about an underboob type design that's actually not geometric for once...I'm thinking a couple of panthers and/or tigers facing off, with their bodies/tails curled up and around each boob and their faces meeting in the middle. Think this kind of pose, but obviously more suited to the female body: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8a/a9/38/8aa938f599b1da484ff4d620cbf6cbe5.jpg Gotta think about it for a while, though.

@Synesthesia good thread idea!!

For the moment I'm thinking of:

> a devilish goat (knee cap)

> a traditional dagger through the neck

> a rooster (no placement idea)

> pharaoh's Horses (already booked!)

> a namakubi (no placement idea)

> a hammer shark (no placement idea)

> a traditional wolf head (no placement idea)

> a traditional panther head (no placement idea)

> of course some more traditional roses

Yeah... I have a lot of free skin!!!

@Synesthesia, the underboob idea sounds great! I like the idea of it being something other than a symmetrical flower/geometrical design (although I like them too)!

c2_thumb.jpg

I have been given the go-ahead to turn the cameo of my wife on my left shoulder into a half sleeve with cameos of the two daughters, plus something to represent each of them (gardening for the wife, fishing for the oldest daughter, and probably paw print of her dog for the youngest). Vines/leaves to tie it together. Not the typical masculine design, but the dragons/animals/skulls etc. are just not me. This will probably be it for me. I actually enjoy the process, but many factors will probably limit it there. I do intend for it to extend down all the way to the bend of my elbow.