Tattoo Copycat

Flo Ania

I've just seen an article about the Hellfest guys (french metal etc festival), and the main guy Ben Barbaud has the SAME tattoo than me! Makes me mad!

On his hand, like me, same colors etc...I got mine done by Rudy Fritsch in 2012 at the London Tattoo Convention...

11392876_10153032532409200_9078349530659084045_n.jpg?oh=f3fe6eccac56fcc9608b3eb379b5272b&oe=55F8A443

And here's mine, the original by Rudy Fritsch :

11425233_10153032536389200_5597070078842584819_n.jpg?oh=03a68a6612f66bf284f8d4829cf2d0a7&oe=55F08268

Well I am because this guy showed up to this tattoo artist with an idea (I guess) and he or the tattoo artist literally copied the exact same tattoo, my tattoo that Rudy Fritsch drew for me, including colors and put it on his hand, just like...me? See my point?

Do you know who did his work? Was it the same guy? I'd be pissed if so, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the design or something similar in the past.

BTW, I love it, it's a lovely design and I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Do you know who did his work? Was it the same guy? I'd be pissed if so, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the design or something similar in the past.

BTW, I love it, it's a lovely design and I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Pretty 100% sure that it's not the same guy ahah

I mean it's not flash from the wall, I'm not saying you cannot ask for black cloud with an eye on your hand, but here it's the exact same design, a copy!

Damn, That is a straight up copy, like it was flash. Sorry bro... Though it comes with the territory of posting your pieces online, same for the artists... I see it all the time on IG original artist riping copy cats apart, one example that comes to mind right away is Cassady Bell Who is having the same issue, though he now deleted his post.

this is the type of stuff i dont get - i'm going in later today for - probably - a piece of sailor jerry flash (ironically an octopus) - impulse sick day fun - so explain the difference for me

- - - Updated - - -

plus most people spend their whole life searching for their special tatt bro...

and you were lucky enough to find yours through the beauty of the internet :)

would you like your tattoo any less if it was a piece of flash or design from a widely distributed sketch book?

it is still a cool tattoo.

Nowhere I wrote I like my tattoo any less...I know it's still a cool tattoo:) It's just weird when someone copied the one you got from a great tattoo artist, put it in the exact the same spot as you with the same colors etc... Wouldn't it weird you out as well?

Nowhere I wrote I like my tattoo any less...I know it's still a cool tattoo:) It's just weird when someone copied the one you got from a great tattoo artist, put it in the exact the same spot as you with the same colors etc... Wouldn't it weird you out as well?

it would be weird. but i would still feel pretty indifferent about it.

on the positive side, it is confirmation that at least 1 other person likes your tattoo :)

I guess this a thing to be mindful of whenever uploading our pics to IG, FB or even LST.

Because eventually those tattoo photos you had the courtesy to share with the internet may end up on the websites like Pinterest, Shock Mansion, tumblr, buzzfeed and many other clickbait sites that do NOT credit the artist, collector or source.

I wouldn't get too worked up.

Your tattoo has slightly better placement on the hand and looks like a cleaner execution, not to mention it was made by a world-class tattooer.

The other guy, well he's a hard looking hoodie metalhead who wasn't original enough to get his own thunderstorm. Don't let him rain on your parade!