Black vs colour!

Hi guys... Interested to know your thoughts on traditional tattoos that are just black? People like Sway and Joe Ellis do some great traditional work that is just black. Also Oliver Macintosh but his stuff is more detailed and less bold. Still great though. I prefere black tattoos than colour. Unusual I suppose in the traditional world.. Would love to es your black tattoos...

I think it can look great.

Oliver Mackintosh at FST indeed springs to mind- some of his panthers he has done in a more trad style than other parts of his portfolio, for example?

It can also age beautifully, which was one reason, at the time, I decided to get my back piece just in black and grey.

I love the look of a super colorful sleeve, but mostly black pieces can look great too. I think I lean more towards color for myself (maybe a couple black/bng pieces in the future, I love black hearts and roses) but both styles can definitely be powerful and therefore make great tattoos.

If anything, I think bold B&G traditional is en vogue right now. Not that there's anything wrong with that because it looks pretty awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm a brown dude so B&G looks better on my skin. I do have color though. If I could do it all over again I would stick with B&G.

If anything, I think bold B&G traditional is en vogue right now. Not that there's anything wrong with that because it looks pretty awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm a brown dude so B&G looks better on my skin. I do have color though. If I could do it all over again I would stick with B&G.

Yes I am am also pretty tanned, Especially in the summer months. I also think that black tattoos look great against darker skin. Thick outlines and heavy black are difinitely in fashion at the moment. I also really like Todd Tattooer...http://instagram.com/todd_tattooer

I'm aiming to get all B&G traditional. I'll admit that in part this came about because of internet hype/attention toward the style. I do like the overall look though. I'm extremely white so the black looks super bold and feels like a laser is hitting you when you go out in the sun. Blonde arm hair does look a bit odd on my tattoo.

I've noticed with B&G is that the general public are more likely to relate them to being a criminal style. I've had multiple comments where people imply that color tattoos are 'nicer'/for 'nice people'... this may be based on my location. I guess some of the benefits are that people think you are 'not nice' :P

I'm aiming to get all B&G traditional. I'll admit that in part this came about because of internet hype/attention toward the style. I do like the overall look though. I'm extremely white so the black looks super bold and feels like a laser is hitting you when you go out in the sun. Blonde arm hair does look a bit odd on my tattoo.

I've noticed with B&G is that the general public are more likely to relate them to being a criminal style. I've had multiple comments where people imply that color tattoos are 'nicer'/for 'nice people'... this may be based on my location. I guess some of the benefits are that people think you are 'not nice' :P

I actually think that colour looks better on very pale skin. All black tattoos look way to harsh on my opinion! I can't say I've noticed the "criminal" aspect either! If anything, people in my area seem more accepting of black tattoos than they do colour...

One of the nice things of black and grey is that they don't clash with whatever you're wearing as much as colour does. That said, I wanted colour, but have since fallen in love with black and grey. I'll probably stick with black and grey, it's just so clean and elegant.

Both black and colour have their places...but i like the rainbow bright technicolour look, life's too short to live in monochrome ;)

- - - Updated - - -

real conversation I had with a street homie

"YO BRO"

"What's up?"

"SICK TATTS BRO. YOU GET DAT INK IN THE PEN?"

I'm like "do you think you can get colour like this in jail?"

Homie like "YEAH MAN, NO DOUBT! TOO NICE FOR JAIL. HEY YOU GOTTA SMOKE? NO? OK PEACE BRO"

haha still makes me laugh

Depends on what the tattoo is B&G can look amazing. As for me it's all about the color, I love colorful things and to me things that are 2 toned aren't very exciting. I'm also to each their own if you love B&G and can rock it do it same thing with color.