Another storm

xcom

I'm not trying to run you off here, but you know how you said how you feel about this place sometimes? When I joined up there were a lot of great tattoo artists posting here, serious and experienced collectors, people like me who lacked a lot of experience but we're eager to soak the discussion, the interviews, the stories. Now I feel that this place has lost most of that richness and when I instead see threads about the weather...it's grey paint, man. I've learned a lot about tattoos from here and this place has heavily influenced how I get tattooed and I hope I've managed to contribute something positive to the site in return, so it bums me out to see yet another completely uninspiring post or thread that contributes absolutely nothing to the purpose of this site, which is to educate people about and promote good tattooing.

Is called "Random Crap". You guys can post random carp but I cant?

I whish there was a an account delete function you guys make this place a fucked up and horrible one.

that's what I thought the "Off topic-Random Crap" sub forum was for too ! but apparently it still pisses people off here to post off topic random crap in the correct sub forum LOL

isn't this an online discussion forum ? there are 3 out of 20 sub forums made exactly for random discussion ? WTF ? some people need to relax and loosen up their panties.

You guys - you have the right to post pretty much whatever (as long as you don't break forum rules), but other posters also have the right to be annoyed by it. Freedom! America!

I think the issue with these things isn't so much about posting "random crap", because yes, this is the section of the forum dedicated to that, but that people get annoyed by the quantity of such posts. Like we all talk about whatever rubbish when we have conversations with each other in real life, but don't you get annoyed when one person dominates a conversation over and over again? I know I do. And I know that in my own life, I try not to be that person (and I can be very long-winded and opinionated, so it is a conscious effort!)

Like no one is trying to run anyone off the board, but I just think the general unspoken rules of conversational politeness that we probably all try to adhere to in daily life also apply online.

You guys - you have the right to post pretty much whatever (as long as you don't break forum rules), but other posters also have the right to be annoyed by it. Freedom! America!

I think the issue with these things isn't so much about posting "random crap", because yes, this is the section of the forum dedicated to that, but that people get annoyed by the quantity of such posts. Like we all talk about whatever rubbish when we have conversations with each other in real life, but don't you get annoyed when one person dominates a conversation over and over again? I know I do. And I know that in my own life, I try not to be that person (and I can be very long-winded and opinionated, so it is a conscious effort!)

Like no one is trying to run anyone off the board, but I just think the general unspoken rules of conversational politeness that we probably all try to adhere to in daily life also apply online.

I for one talk to people the same way online as I do in real life in person,and I know that rubs people the wrong way sometimes,but I am who I am,and what you see is what you get with me.I gave up on political correctness a long time ago.

You can talk however you want to talk, but then you can't bitch when people find you annoying. Them's the breaks of social interaction.

You cant bitch when the SAME people over and over just goes after you?

You got it wrong. This people are running your board and running off users.

You are allowed to not like someone. They are allowed to not like you. Democracy is amazing.

So that gives you the right to go after the users?

Let me explain my self better.

The same people here over and over harass users. Harassing is democracy?

Ok DUDE. Here is the thing. When you post in a public place, just like when you have a public conversation in real life, people are allowed to criticize you. They are allowed to disagree with you, find you annoying, whatever. That is how freedom of speech works. This board does not allow for abusive language, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like everything you say. THAT IS NOT "GOING AFTER YOU". It is people reacting to the words you write.

You are also allowed to not like them and to criticize the words they say, so it's hardly unfair. I just find it baffling how on a tattoo board where dudes like to talk about how tough or whatever they are, they so easily complain if people call them out for anything, like the fact that yes, on a message board that literally has posters from around the world, maybe people find it kind of strange to post your local weather forecast and wonder what that contributes to the board.

No one is obligated to like your posts or think you are a good poster. That is just not how the world works. Toughen up, people.

Ok DUDE. Here is the thing. When you post in a public place, just like when you have a public conversation in real life, people are allowed to criticize you. They are allowed to disagree with you, find you annoying, whatever. That is how freedom of speech works. This board does not allow for abusive language, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like everything you say. THAT IS NOT "GOING AFTER YOU". It is people reacting to the words you write.

You are also allowed to not like them and to criticize the words they say, so it's hardly unfair. I just find it baffling how on a tattoo board where dudes like to talk about how tough or whatever they are, they so easily complain if people call them out for anything, like the fact that yes, on a message board that literally has posters from around the world, maybe people find it kind of strange to post your local weather forecast and wonder what that contributes to the board.

No one is obligated to like your posts or think you are a good poster. That is just not how the world works. Toughen up, people.

Just please ban me out of this place sense I cant delete my account.

Dude, look up what political correctness means. It is not the same thing as being polite.

You can talk however you want to talk, but then you can't bitch when people find you annoying. Them's the breaks of social interaction.

dude,I know what it means,those were just some thoughts of mine.

and isn't that all part of a discussion ? and yes I can bitch at whatever I want to,(or voice my opinion)like was already done in this thread.

what was put so eloquently here ? Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post

That's my opinion, anyway, and opinions are like assholes.

Speaking only for myself, @Graeme being a dick to people is one of the few things that keep this board interesting these days -- aside from looking at pics of y'all's lovely tattoos, that is.

The thing is, I was snarky in that first post but otherwise I was trying to start a conversation that would hopefully get people thinking about how they contribute here. I've had my balls busted on here plenty of times and as humbling as it is to hear somebody you respect telling you that you've posted some bullshit, it's a valuable learning experience.

Anyway, the thing about being married to a moderator is that I have somebody often in the next room telling me not to be a dick on here because it makes her job harder if she has to hand me a warning.

Try losing an hour to Rachel Dolezal thinkpieces...in shitstorm terms this is a brief shower.

(NB I don't actually advise doing this.)

Really, things get ugly fast elsewhere online. Like, stomach-churning, stay-with-you-all-day bad. I appreciate that even during tense moments here, people generally stay civil. A little brusqueness is not the worst thing in the world. And in a more general sense, if I didn't routinely get straightened out by people who are savvier & smarter than I am, I would be pretty fucked.