These are all on ONE person.

Isotope

One of the research assistants I work with found out I'm tattooed. Now she enjoys sharing such things with me. This is one of her high school acquaintances from suburban Ft. Worth, who brags and posts instagrams about her sick tatts.

18242497674_f764342d13.jpg

18242497614_79682bc783.jpg

18242497514_92b4f87b29.jpg

18677366120_9d1615ba0e.jpg

18865057715_19cce79213.jpg

18867815721_20314dc2a0.jpg

If you think that they are cliche' or poorly done you can friend this gal up, show her what a decent tattoo looks like, and point her towards LST. It's what tattooed Jesus would do.

Maybe she'll broaden her horizons and get different work, maybe not. It is still okay for her to be happy with what she has though.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply SHE shouldn't be happy with them at all. If she's thrilled with them and loves them, more power to her.

My posting them here is directed toward the tattooer and the quality of the work, which really caught me off guard.

The forum sure is going through a weird phase right now. Emotions seem to be running high this week already.

"Let's critique these poorly done and cliche tattoos in the section for poorly done tattoos."

"No fuck you, you might offend someone."

"Hey guys storm is coming, be safe"

"No fuck you, go post worthwhile content."

"No fuck you, I'm out"

"No, please stay. I just wanted to tell you to fuck off but you weren't supposed to be offended by it."

That about sums up what I've read today so far. Yeah yeah, I know, forget all this and lets get back to talking about getting good tattoos. Because this forum only has 1 section, and it's only about that.

I hope this isn't presumptuous, but I get the sense that maybe people are biting their tongues & what's gone unsaid is leaking out in odd ways. There's always been shenanigans on here, from what I can tell, but it was once balanced out by more substantive tattoo talk. I'm newish and probably haven't contributed much beyond YAY TATTOOS though.

The execution of these tattoos does make me squirm, but I don't feel great about calling this person out.

I wonder if this site would benefit from daily or weekly (depending on need) open conversation threads. It seems like there are people here who want to communicate more generally with likeminded others but it's not always clear how to do this. 20 page threads are hard to enter and starting a new thread for a fleeting thought can be awkward and presumptuous.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or who would/should take it on but it's a thought I have had before and I figured this might be as good of a place as any to bring it up.

I think it's okay, just something in the air.

Perhaps @Isotope could at least recommend to his friends friend that she should not get tattooed in kitchens anymore. It's weird that the text quote looks ok, but the heart with the infinity symbol looks like it went on with a sharpened bic pen.