Armpit Tattoos

• 3 weeks later...

Got my other armpit done a couple weeks ago. Last time I was a little sick and had an all day tattoo session the day before. This time as coincidence would have it, I got sick again (co-workers have it out for me I'm sure of it) but had no tattoo sessions prior. It still sucked but I did better this time around, I think. I didn't need to ask for a break this time around. Also, last time I mentioned the awkward body positioning had caused me problems, but I realized it was likely the artist hitting nerves or something. I was fine this time around until he hit a certain spot. Just like before, my arm developed a weird pain that shot from armpit down to my bottom 2 fingers. This may be worse than getting the base of your butt/thigh worked on. I'm definitely getting old though and getting my armpits done, for the first time ever, has got me second guessing future plans. I'm sure that'll pass and besides the tattoo is awesome and healed quick.

Edited by Lance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

so...logistics...this really dumb (and awesome) tattoo idea is starting to manifest...do you think it is realistic to get both armpits at once ? in terms of pain threshold but also healing both at once? i'm considering a 3 session strategy ... line both at once / colour fill one / colour fill the other. if i go out of town that means scheduling/cost of 3 trips. or i could be an idiot and try and do it all at once. 

thoughts? 

On 12/8/2016 at 10:35 AM, bongsau said:

so...logistics...this really dumb (and awesome) tattoo idea is starting to manifest...do you think it is realistic to get both armpits at once ? in terms of pain threshold but also healing both at once? i'm considering a 3 session strategy ... line both at once / colour fill one / colour fill the other. if i go out of town that means scheduling/cost of 3 trips. or i could be an idiot and try and do it all at once. 

thoughts? 

hell ! if you're going to do both anyway,and the artist has the time,just do them both at the same visit,may as well !   see how it feels and go from there  ?

it's going to hurt the same now or later.

I'd hope that the 'pit is better than the white meat under the upper arm. I had 2 tattoos done last year, bouncing back and forth between the 2 arms. If the 'pit is anything like the under arm, I'll pass on it. I  had the top of my right foot done last night, not at all painful. I was expecting it to be worse.

• 10 months later...

I originally started this armpit thread 2.5 years ago...so I planned the work and started working the plan! And in the spirit of LST I put a god damn panther on (in?) it. Lines were made last week by my new homie Dick HaRD tATtz :13_upside_down:

...the sit was waaaay easier than you would expect, mind you it was just the lines. Held a conversation, lots of laughs from the tickle in the 'pits and the hilarious shop talk with the homies at Champion Tattoo in good ol' Edmonton, AB.

I'll tell ya, not wearing deodorant all week has been quite liberating. Going back next Friday to shade in, will see how far I get. Just means more time to hang out in the shop.

IMG_8219[1].JPG

IMG_8221[1].JPG

Edited by bongsau

• 2 weeks later...

Healing update - it hasn't been a picnic for the 4 days post-tattoo. Skin is so raw and tender. Almost easier taking the tattoo than healing it so far ! I dry heal so that is probably adding to the level of discomfort. Can't raise your arms above your shoulder without that tight burning feeling. But I suppose that every place you get a tattoo is gonna have its unique sensation of discomfort when you heal. As my buddy said, just gotta suck it up for a week and deal with the uncomfortable healing and then hey you're the guy with sick armpit tatts.

Armpits is such a great spot for a tattoo and honestly it isn't as painful to take as you would expect. The worst spots were on the upper arm part of the pit (where the rip-outs are on mine), not on the body side, go figure. Right in the centre of pit where you would think it would be brutal was the easiest to manage. If you have a rib tattoo or an upper inner arm tattoo you are golden for pits. So I say go for it if you've been thinking about it. Hesitate a bit, that's normal, then just go for it and don't look back! I did and have no regrats and a pretty incredible pair of tattoos that fit like they were always meant to be there.

Edited by bongsau

• 2 weeks later...

My coworker has his armpits and he said it was really easy. They look great and he keeps his pits shaved as if he has a date every night. I know these spots were saved for sexually graphic material in japan according to some traditions. Either way I think it looks awesome. To the guy who got the panther in his arm pit whoever came up with that idea fit that perfectly. I love it!

• 4 months later...

Had Filip Leu tattoo both of my armpits when I flew to Switzerland two years ago. Not as bad as I thought it would be for the actual tattooing and healing. He did both, back to back. Three hours total with a quick lunch break in between. As you can see from the bruising, these pics were taken shortly after they were done.

P.S. That panther rules!!!

2FE41482-3103-4A98-A2AB-C3CB2D63097D.jpeg

C63EC2A0-35C0-447C-8112-924FB53AD793.jpeg

@cfmartin67 man, those are such amazing skull tattoos!  I like how the layer in behind. Remember seeing a glimpse of you getting them done on the IG feed and was like wow. I salute your skulls with my panther !

It's like the people who don't have the pits done try to scare you away from doing the pits...but the people who have experienced the arm pit tattooing tell you it's a breeze, at least that was my experience leading up to pit-day.

Yeah, arm pits ain't so bad eh? One of the more enjoyable tattoo experiences I've had, highly recommended spot. Cheers