Owl with keys?

I have seen a plethora of owl tattoos recently. Often they are holding a key, and a key hole is incorporated in the owls body. I've searched and searched but I can't find the reason behind it. Does anyone know the reason for this(if there is one)?

I'm sorry, I have no insight into this, but I do have an odd owl-related request. I have a friend who is super into origami, and she submitted a design to a new Origami magazine named CREASED MAGAZINE. The contest is for original models that can be folded in less than 12 steps. Please vote for her orange and white owl tonight, the contest ends tomorrow. And for the record, she is part of the LST community, but she's too shy to ask herself.

Click on the link below and follow the directions. It's easy and takes 2 seconds. Look for the orange and white Owl.

Creased - Magazine for Paper Folders!

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

HI. i totally agree with the wise bit. and opening doors thru into a fountain of knowledge. and keys with love hearts. but i saw a tattoo in a mag last week.

had the sweetest owl perched on a branch with a base ball cap on with the words thug across the front. i nearley choked on my cornflakes pmsl . it was so subtle yet

funny to see. now is that owl representing all thats wrong and messed up in this society or just a giggle and light hearted . me thinks the latter.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The owl is an ancient esotric symbol of knowledge. The owl possesses secret knowledge that is kept "safe" (from us) with the lock and makes secret knowledge available to some, if granted the "key". The owl is not a good thing. The secrets should not be coveted. Also see, Moluk and the Bohemian grove.

The owl is an ancient esotric symbol of knowledge. The owl possesses secret knowledge that is kept "safe" (from us) with the lock and makes secret knowledge available to some, if granted the "key". The owl is not a good thing. The secrets should not be coveted. Also see, Moluk and the Bohemian grove.

Like batman and the court of owls? Lol

I liked moluk, he was a bad guy in one of the dexter novels.

What's esotric?