Anyone used Vitalitree Tattoo Salve?

MarvelAvengers

1st session of my 3rd Marvel installment. This was by far my hardest sit yet. The lining was relatively mild until he got the the middle of my chest. Just above the nibble was "okay" and toward the arm pit was rather unpleasant. We moved on to black shading and let me say the pain meter quickly got into the straight-up suckage levels. By that point my chest started looking pretty red and swollen. That being said I am extremely happy with the super tight line work. In 2 weeks we will knock out spiderman and see how far we can get on the background and filler.

I also picked up a new tattoo aftercare salve from a recent show called Vitalitree. The texture is similar to Redemption but smells a little bit like lavender and brown. I think it goes on a little smoother and does a great job with the redness. One of the ingredients is from the Tepezcohuite (miracle skin tree). It has analgesic, antibacterial, and promotes cell regeneration and minimize scaring. I'm only 12 hours removed from my session, so I can't give a detailed review, but so far it has helped with the redness and I have minimal discomfort. As for healing methods, I truly feel that the reason there are so many aftercare methods is because for the most part unless you do something stupid you will heal just fine.

Anyway, here is the progress.

Wanted to give an update being almost a week out. I used this stuff for the first 3 days. And I feel it is a solid alternative. I had almost no ink seeping after my initial wash and it kept redness, swelling and discomfort to a minimum. I feel this product sits in between being a barrier and a lotion. The new tattoo being in close proximity of my other tattoos, I decided to moisturize my other tattoos with it. I also do not do well with petroleum based products.

The ingredients are :

Organic Sustainably Sourced Elaeis guineensis (Palm) Oil, Theobrama grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Butter, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Esters, Organic Cera alba (Beeswax), Mimosa tenuiflora Extract, Bisabolol (Chamomile extract), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Myroxylan balsamum (Peru Balsam) Oil

I think that the reason that there are so many aftercare products is because everyone and their bro is trying to cash in on the popularity of tattooing, and people like gimmicks so they buy the shit. Really all you need to heal a tattoo is soap, water, and lotion. The only true game changer I've seen is Tegaderm, and I'll swear by that stuff. My boyfriend is a rough healer to the point where it looks like there's a barnacle on his tattoos in the first week, yet nothing falls out. So for him especially, Tegaderm is pretty great.

Yes, many are trying to cash in on it, I can usually stiff those just by looking at marketing and sponsorship tactics. Especially when they criticize other product while having the same ingredients. For me soap doesn't matter, nothing special is needed. For lotion again not really a big deal. For me it's the first couple of days that matter and some of the bigger brands that people recommend do have petroleum in them and to the life of me don't agree with them because they do pull ink. I'm simply bringing up options that don't contain petroleum. I've tried redemption as well and it also is a better option than petroleum based products.

I think that the reason that there are so many aftercare products is because everyone and their bro is trying to cash in on the popularity of tattooing, and people like gimmicks so they buy the shit. Really all you need to heal a tattoo is soap, water, and lotion. The only true game changer I've seen is Tegaderm, and I'll swear by that stuff. My boyfriend is a rough healer to the point where it looks like there's a barnacle on his tattoos in the first week, yet nothing falls out. So for him especially, Tegaderm is pretty great.

yep ! I agree,I swear by Saniderm(same kinda stuff),love that shit ! applied to clean dry skin and the results are amazing if done properly.so easy too,I can sleep,I can sit on a plane,I can work,I can shower,etc,etc,

I'm done with wet sticky healing. after removing the saniderm after about 4 days,all that's needed is unscented lubriderm.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Second session of my current piece was a bit tough. After first wash, used Redemption but couldn't get the redness and burning sensation to go away. I did another quick rinse and tried the vitalitree again. Whether it helps heal better than any other stuff I've used is marginal. That being said the main thing I've noticed both sessions is that this stuff really excels at taming the initial side effects especially in the first 24 hours, meaning redness and general tattoo pain. If you use any of the non-petroleum alternatives, I give it a thumbs up. I still want to try tegaderm