Hi. Looking for advice for getting my tattoo fixed.

WesK

Got my first tattoo about a year ago. I haven't had a chance to go in and have it touched up yet, but hoping to do so later this week. When I first went in I had planned on getting the design filled in, but after the artist got done with the outline my wife said she liked it as it is. Unfortunately, this left it looking pretty unfinished, so I was curious if anyone could suggest something that might make it look a little better. I'm still considering getting it filled in, but that might come later down the road. Right now I'm thinking of at least making the outline a little thicker along the outside of the design, just so that it sets off the inside lines a little more. Anyone have any other suggestions or comments on how that might look? Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks!

Please don't be offended, but the easiest way to say this is bluntly. Your best option is to go to a good tattooer, and ask them what they recommend, and then follow their advice.

Whoever did that, unfortunately, didn't do the greatest job. If you tell us where you live (maybe you have and i just can't see it on my mobile) someone can probably recommend a much better artist in your area!

I'm located in the Seattle / Tacoma area.

The only one i know off the top of my head is Liberty Tattoo, which is very highly regarded. There are a few locals to that area on here though that can chime in maybe. @beez is from the PNW i think? (Might be totally wrong there.)

If you're willing to make the trip to Portland i know of some great shops personally, but i know you have some world class artists in your area!

The only one i know off the top of my head is Liberty Tattoo, which is very highly regarded. There are a few locals to that area on here though that can chime in maybe. @beez is from the PNW i think? (Might be totally wrong there.)

If you're willing to make the trip to Portland i know of some great shops personally, but i know you have some world class artists in your area!

You're right, I'm in Seattle!

Depends on what kind of work you want @WesK. Liberty is excellent if you want traditional work. I can't fully tell what your tattoo is...is it a dragon eating it's tail? For Japanese stuff I would check out a few different shops, but starting at Slave to the Needle is a great place to start! I would check out Dark Age Tattoo for darker stuff, bio-mechy stuff etc. These are all in Seattle proper, so if you're looking for stuff in Tacoma, let us know!

You're right, I'm in Seattle!

Depends on what kind of work you want @WesK. Liberty is excellent if you want traditional work. I can't fully tell what your tattoo is...is it a dragon eating it's tail? For Japanese stuff I would check out a few different shops, but starting at Slave to the Needle is a great place to start! I would check out Dark Age Tattoo for darker stuff, bio-mechy stuff etc. These are all in Seattle proper, so if you're looking for stuff in Tacoma, let us know!

Thanks for the recommendations! Tacoma would be preferred since its a lot closer to home, but I'm willing to go to the right place to get it done properly.

Hi West...honestly bud, the lines are shaky and uneven, thickening up the outline isn't going to save it.

I would be skeptical of going back to finish it by someone who couldn't execute simple line work.

My $0.02

1) leave it alone and be happy with it as is

OR

2) get a cover up done by a tattooer at one of the West coast shops recommended above.

If you want to start in tacoma i would recommend Tsunami, Flaming Dragon, or House of Tattoo. Going from there, aside from the great shops already suggested, http://i.instagram.com/whitneyhavok/ in bonney lake, http://i.instagram.com/woodworktattoo/ and http://i.instagram.com/bomcconaghie/ in poulsbo. http://i.instagram.com/litfusetattoo/ in olympia.

You got options!

You should probably go down to Olympia and see Marco Hernandez at Lit Fuse. He is mostly known for his Black and Grey work, but he can do pretty much anything. He has been tattooing for a long time, and he is really good at fixing up and adding on to tattoos that people are not happy with. He travels a lot so I recommend calling to see if he is around before you drive down, but he will be worth whatever time it takes to get tattooed by him.

well - first tattoo on the lower arm - to me - means that you plan on more tattoos...correct?

so leave this one be and go get some more tattoos

and do a little more research - in todays world with so many artists posting their work steadyon the IG there is no excuse

also - you dont always have to listen to your spouse buddy

you didnt like how it looked - unfinished - so lesson learned - listen to your gut

• 5 weeks later...