Touch up and variable healing time questions?

Isotope

So I have some questions.

Since I started dry healing (e.g.: Tattoo Aftercare advice @ Valerie Vargas Tattoo ), I've gotten four new tattoos. I have two tattoos from one artist. They took two months to look 100% settled in, and healed perfectly. No touch ups: dark black, bright, saturated colors. One is on my chest, the other on my shoulder to tricep area, both flesh areas.

Two others I've gotten from a different artist, one on each collarbone/shoulder top, one is two months post-application and has small areas that still look "milky", either the color or black is missing or still under dead or new skin, but the colors and blacks of the overall tattoo are very bright and bold, much to my contentment. The second one is one month post application has a few tiny streaks where there is packed red color missing.

Is this thin skinned up shoulder top area a more challenging area to heal? Do some areas just take longer and are more prone to needing touch ups?

Thanks!

I also had a hard time healing this area. Thin skin, so the tattooer is probably being delicate so the lines don't blow out. Sounds like your work healed as tattoos often do, like they were made on a living canvas.

I went in for touchups. The tattooer was happy to oblige, and a bit surprised that I tipped him again.

Know that you are likely the only person who will notice the imperfections, as nobody else stares or cares about your tattoos as much as you do. If they bug you wait out a full month, or preferably two and then go for a little fix up session.

Best of luck!

My tattooer had to blast color on more than one session on the tops of my back/shoulder area because he said that the skin there tends to be more damaged from the sun. Apparently it often doesn't take color as easily on some folks.

Thanks everyone.

My tattooer had to blast color on more than one session on the tops of my back/shoulder area because he said that the skin there tends to be more damaged from the sun. Apparently it often doesn't take color as easily on some folks.

Having grown up in Florida, I might definitely qualify there.

• 5 weeks later...