Colour vs B&G

l8dyj

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum and found it while enquiring where to post for great tattoo advice! I currently have two tattoos, a small ankle tat from many years ago and a larger piece on my lower back that when I think about it was from many years ago as well. I have an artist working on a design for an upper half sleeve for me; it's an angel wing with realistic feathers (lots of layers, shading and movement). He's doing it up in colours that I want, which are, blues, greens, purples, and pinks. I know it comes down to personal preference but I'm second guessing the colour and considering getting the tat in blacks and greys. I like the look of colourful tats when I see them, but I'm worried I will get tired of the colour, like I would never buy a vehicle in one of those trendy orange and green colours. It would also bother me if my tat clashed with my clothes lol...

I'd like to here from people that struggled with the same decision to hear what you went with and are you happy with the colour or lack of. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I don't think I really struggled with it, but I did change my mind about a colorful arm tattoo and ended up going with b & g for all of my arm tattoos. I like both colorful and b & g work, it was just what I could best picture on myself and what I lean toward aesthetically.

Keep thinking it over and picturing it on yourself...maybe look through the gallery here for inspiration.

Who will you be getting tattooed by?

Thank you for your reply! I'm going to give it lots of thought but I think I'm leaning towards b&g. I'm always drawn to grey clothing and accessories, and when something of colour does catch my eye and I buy it, I only wear it a couple of times before I tire of it.

Another option you might think about is getting a slightly muted color scheme so it's not so "out there" or go something like black/grey/red. That seems to work well and I've seen plenty of tattoos with that and it works great.

Yes, I was thinking that, or maybe just a touch of colour but mostly b&g