Showing Off

soraya

I love showing off my tattoos. Both of my arms are sleeved, my back is done, and I have several on my legs. I do keep mine covered up while I am at work for the most part. I do work in the medical field but I often roll up my sleeves when working on a patient. I always get positive feedback. I do cover up my tattoos when I go on interviews or have business meetings. My boss knows I'm covered and has no issue with it. I wish I could show my tattoos all the time but I realize they are considered unprofessional to some business people. Tattoos are beautiful!

As a male, I need to apologize to all the ladies here. Allow me to explain.

Until a couple of years ago, all my tattoos were hidden unless I wanted to show them, as they were placed above the elbow, below the collarbone, etc.

But in 2013 I decided that I wasn't getting any younger and it was time to get sleeved.

And I find that now, there are A LOT of people who no longer make eye contact until after they sneak a peek, and even then, their eyes keep drifting downward.

Which is hilarious as I always thought for all these years when I was ogling cleavage, there was no way I was going to get caught.

HEY! My eyes are up here! :cool:

...so being called a rude tattoo hater was absolute comedy to me. especially after that person looked at my profile and seen that I am heavily tattooed. so if my comment bothered some my bad. but I meant what I said and stand by it 100 percent.

@Pete tattoo freak - I appreciate your explanation and clarification, and respect your point of view. - thanks.

I want to be clear that I did not intend to call you a rude tattoo hater. If my selection of wording or phrasing conveyed that, then I sincerely apologize, because it was not my intent to say that. My point was that your comment sounded similar to statements we often hear from untattooed folks who are just offering their uninvited negative point of view on tattooing.

I checked your profile because it seemed like a surprising statement to find on this website. I wondered if you were trolling, or if you were new, or if you had made many previous posts.

Now you have clarified your statement and I appreciate that you did that. I salute you for your IDGAF attitude, and admire your passion for tattoos. And in that area we may find some common ground. It is not a fad for me either, and it is a lifestyle thing for me, too, but on a more private level than for you, and not with the level of confidence that you have. We are all different. Some of us do give a f---.

I have always liked "showing off" my tattoos and wear shorts & t's as much as I can(which is most the time),I embrace and welcome the stares and attention and questions,

I have never been a tank top guy,but now that I have finished my arm sleeves up to my shoulder caps this summer,

I have purchased several tank tops and try and wear them as much as possible when ever I go out in public,

I also always wore crew socks,but since getting my legs done down to both ankles,now I wear the short ankle socks LOL,that is when I wear shoes,99% of the time here in nor cal I wear shorts & sandals though.

I am able to wear shorts and golf shirts at work too.