Simple fix or not???

Bobby Diebold

Okay, so I got my second dog tattoo... Like the first one, I absolutely love it- totally bad-ass execution. There's just one issue I have with it, and I'm hoping to get some more advice...

She turned out a little more demonic than I was aiming for. The eyes are pretty intense, but I think it's the pointy teeth that kind of put it over the top:

img_5545_thumb.jpg

I was thinking about having the artist just fill in the tips of the teeth, so they aren't pointy and possibly the rest of the mouth... I was just messing around with the image on my computer, and this is what I came up with:

img_55456_thumb.jpg

My question is this: Based on the pictures above, would the artist be able to make this change with some simple filling in or would it just look weird???

I think the artist wold be able to fix it really easily with black ink. But in my opinion, I think it would look weirder than the original picture. it would look as if the dog only had its lower teeth! If you asked me I think it is fine the way it is. Reminds me of the Sailor Jerry bull dog with the helmet! may be that can be your next one!!

BTW is this tattoo representing the same dog on your other arm?

I think the artist wold be able to fix it really easily with black ink. But in my opinion, I think it would look weirder than the original picture. it would look as if the dog only had its lower teeth! If you asked me I think it is fine the way it is. Reminds me of the Sailor Jerry bull dog with the helmet! may be that can be your next one!!

BTW is this tattoo representing the same dog on your other arm?

Thanks for the feedback! No, they're two different dogs (Boston Terriers). The other one is a male, and the one I'm thinking about changing is his little sister. She was just really tough to shade because she's pretty much all black with the little stripe on her forehead.

Ugh. Don't double post.

Sorry about that :( Thanks for the feedback in the other forum, though. I think I'm just going to leave it as-is, after all. I guess the crazy-eyes-killer thing is growing on me. I started calling her little devil dog, too, which my wife is NOT happy about :)

To pretty much any onlooker, you are a guy with two awesome Boston Terrier tattoos. Please please don't mess with them. Tweaking a solid tattoo because it doesn't match what's in your head seems like a bad road to go down, because what if you're still not satisfied? I know I'm just some rando on the internet, but I really like your tattoos and feel weirdly personally invested in your becoming happy with them as they are.

To pretty much any onlooker, you are a guy with two awesome Boston Terrier tattoos. Please please don't mess with them. Tweaking a solid tattoo because it doesn't match what's in your head seems like a bad road to go down, because what if you're still not satisfied? I know I'm just some rando on the internet, but I really like your tattoos and feel weirdly personally invested in your becoming happy with them as they are.

Thanks so much for saying that- I sincerely can't tell you how much I needed to hear that. They definitely are awesome tattoos, and I don't think I'm going to mess with them.

My wife and I were out walking the dogs last night, and I looked back to see our little female Boston crossing the street. She was excited and panting and looked exactly like the tattoo. I think the artist kind of unknowingly captured her "crazy look." She looks the same way when she has been running around the dogpark and is in the process of stalking her older brother for whatever he has in his mouth.

I think you hit the nail on the head, though- I guess the look doesn't quite match what I had in my head, but it's still her and it's still some very cool ink that I will grow to love over time.