Anyone seen healing like this?

joy division

Hi I had to join up to ask a question. I've had five tattoo's before and all healed like new however my 15 day old one on my ankle is troubling me. It's went through it's peeling phase all ok but then the color formed into an a type of ink scab which has slowly been falling off. Underneath it now my deep red looks a light pink. I don't think it seems likely the red will magically darken again but maybe I'm wrong?

I've spoken to the tattoo shop and although being very good and overpriced they are very poor with customer service and say it's fine and they won't do touch ups regardless. Any help?

The lower down the leg (and further from the heart) the longer it will take to heal, there's a whole thread about healing lower leg tattoos that could provide some insight. I'm posting from my phone or I'd link to it. I'd say it's a little early to start worrying just yet, the new skin that develops under a scab is slightly opaque, sometimes described as "milky," which is probably why the red seems pink right now, so just give it time before you get scared.

I'd be rather surprised if that pink went back to deep red, though I am no expert. If you are not happy with what you have, in that it is not the tattoo you agreed upon (pink color instead of red) and they respond with "too bad, no touchups, like it or lump it" then I'd accept this tattoo for what it is and move on. My own artist wanted to see mine after about three weeks and then be sure I was happy, though, so I'd give it that much time. If they have told you "no touchups" then I guess the point is moot!

echoing whats been said

lowers leg tatttoos take a long time to heal

i got a shin tattoo 6 weeks ago

its still healing in one spot

i would say forget it

it may not turn out to be what you wanted

but its on ya so i would say learn to love it

or not

anyway - go get more tatts :)

you'll feel better

and maybe its not a shop or artist that gets a return visit from you

All tattoo artists that I know touches rather give free, and I think if you can touch up her back to red before, if the tattoo artist do not want to retouch advise you to look for another ( sorry for Inglês , brazilian guy)