Help please

tonyafondren

I need some advice about my four month old lupus ribbon tat I wanted to get the tattoo redo Sunday I am scared my skin is not looking right on my right I don't want a infection three days ago something weird started with my arm my skin into the tattoo look like snake skin seem like with a needle on back over the tattoo it will Rip my skin I have five others tattoo so this never happening before I did show the guy who did the tattoo he told me the purple color is fading he will do it free I don't know trying to get others opinions of what should I do get the tattoo color redone or just waited for a few months thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I do not think this is infection at all (I am in the medical field and see skin infections often) but you do appear to be having a scar reaction. I'd say the artist was a bit heavy-handed on the right side, and it is a hypertrophic scar response, but of course that's me looking at a pic over the internet so take it for what it is worth.

This is the risk we all take when being tattooed, and I would not blame the artist, since they can't know ahead of time how your skin will respond, especially since obviously your skin doesn't always respond this way. I'd also NOT do anything to it at all, especially not this soon. You run the risk of making it worse by touching it up, though I'd get some more opinions on that - this is just my own opinion.